Does anyone have info on Diver lateral distance?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a chart showing the lateral distance the divers run away from the boat on different settings. For instance. How far away from the boat will a Mag diver run with 200' of line on a number 3 setting, number 2 etc. I want to have a better idea of where my divers run in relation to copper or leadcore of the planer boards.

Here is a sketch of my thoughts...please imagine the triangle relationship better than I could draw below.

post-139772-0-88824200-1390170381_thumb.jpg

So with the following angles of the dipsey rod wire and the vertical line depth, and the distance of wire line out, I came up with the following numbers:

post-139772-0-44262000-1390170381_thumb.jpg

I never really was concerned about distances out from boat, but it was interesting to see these numbers.

Ray

Here is a sketch of my thoughts...please imagine the triangle relationship better than I could draw below.

attachicon.gifdipsey angle.JPG

So with the following angles of the dipsey rod wire and the vertical line depth, and the distance of wire line out, I came up with the following numbers:

attachicon.gifdipsey angle_chart.JPG

I never really was concerned about distances out from boat, but it was interesting to see these numbers.

Ray

Ray,  Nice recollection of trig, but I think you're explaining how far behind the boat, horizontally, the lure is running.  The question is, I believe, "when I set a dipsey on 3, how far does it put it out to the side of the boat?"

Yes, math in fishing.  However, I think the lateral distance and horizontal distance are the same in this diagram.  As the dipsey pulls away from the boat it creates the lateral/horizontal distance where it is parked (so to speak).

Edited by Ray

Yes, math in fishing.  However, I think the lateral distance and horizontal distance are the same in this diagram.  As the dipsey pulls away from the boat it creates the lateral/horizontal distance where it is parked (so to speak).

Agreed, but put this into three coordinates where the depth is the Y axis, the distance to the rear is the X axis and the distance to the side is the Z axis.  Your measurement is the vector magnitude in the XZ plane.  The question is what is the Z magnitude.

To answer the question I think you are wondering about.....yes your divers are under your copper. Because the dive curves are different per line out they don't usually get together unless the driver makes a sharp turn and the inside copper drops into the diver on the same side or when deploying you don't let the copper settle a little before sending out wide on the board.

I appreciate all of the responses.  What I was hoping to determine is how far out I need to run my planer boards to get my copper in fresh water so to speak albeit likely higher in the column.