Fish on!

Well I towed the boat around all weekend and only used it once got to the ramp Friday morning an was greeted with a solid 1" of ice helped a guy break the ramp up and he proceeded to go out would drive his boat up on the ice it would break and he would repeat the process the whole time had alarms sounding on the boat I saw his truck was gone in the afternoon so I assume all went well I went goose hunting instead lol! Well Saturday was more of the same for me I am not yet willing to run the boat through ice so I visited with some friends in town talked some fishing with some guys that came off the lake and heard some slow days anyways! So wake up Sunday to sunny skies have breakfast relax for a hour or so and start making some calls yep ramps clear all the way so get to the ramp about 11 had nick and bill on board, mr mike was busy playing on the ice!!!! So we set sail got the rods in and boom tripled up lost 1 of the 3 well the mid day bite was actually really good for sunny skies wind was a little chilly but still nice to be out went 13 for 15 or so all browns but 1 rainbow good to be out!!post-147332-13944483265895_thumb.jpg

Nice report!! Dont believe its the greatest idea to be breaking ice unless your in a ice breaker but it is kinda comical what some of us guys are willing to do when we have our minds set on doing something. .. lol.. Glad you didn't try it... Yes and definitely hope this weather breaks soon cause I've had enough ice fishing for the year...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah I can remember back in the early eighties Fran and Deb Barrett shaking their heads in disbelief as I crunched my way from their marina out the Seneca canal out into the lake in my 13 ft Whaler in mid February (snow storm too) and was back in less than an hour with my limit of lakers :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Man you guys rock. Wish i had guys that would brave the cold with me. Everyone says im crazy for wanting to take the boat out when its this cold

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app