Need the curent best pricing on Raymarine EV-200 Sport Pilot Autopilot - T70159

vetting

will the Evolution Sportpilot integrate with a Simrad Chartplotter?  I think the Raymarine Seatalk NG networking is the same as NMEA2000.....?

If it has NMEA2000 output then it will no problem.

• 1 month later...

Installed an EV 200 sport this past Thursday and ran it Friday and Sat and am blown away by this unit! Had an OLD unit on my previous boat and WOW what a difference! Two trips and have only touched the wheel running out and back in, have not touched it once while fishing! Sweet unit! Also I find it to be whisper quiet...I do have power assist steering so that may be the difference from what others have observed?  -Tank

Edited by Tank

• 2 weeks later...

Little update on the new Evolution 200 Sportpilot.  This thing has been performing fantastic.  Trolling at slow speeds like 1.5mph is no problem at all.  Holds course great.  Not loud at all.  Steers great under power as well.  Its definitely saving me gas by allowign me to drive in much straighter lines going into and out of the harbor to and from our fishing spots.  no more zigzagging all over the place .  I just cant believe how much more enjoyable the whole fishing experience is since I have installed it.  Everyone on board is much more involved with fishing now.  Nobody is tied to the wheel.  The only time I touch the wheel is when docking. 

Guys I think that slop you are feeling is the play in the servo motor not your actual steering.Most servo motors have a "dead spot" when they aren't in use and when they are idle they will "free wheel" for a fraction of a second until the wheel is moving and creating an electrical current.  That electrical current is the added felt resistance in your steering with the autopilot off.

I run a 2 yr old spx-5r model on a cable steered boat and have had issues with the stiffness of the wheel when it is in "standby" mode after the unit has run for a couple of hours. While the wheel is always stiff with the AP installed, it becomes a real chore after the unit has been running for a couple of hours. Had the steering checked and, with the AP unit removed you can steer with a couple of fingers.   I was told it was probably installed "too tight". Well there is only the unit and the stub shaft to tighten and these were done with a torque wrench. has anyone else had this problem ? if so, how was it corrected ?