Hummingbird 958c HD

tlr426

I just purchased this unit and with it the navionics platinum card. I down loaded the content on the internet and put the card in my unit today for a test and I don't have 1 foot contours!!! I am not sure why the sonar mapping isn't working am I missing something? Is there a setting I don't know about? Any tips would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

It could be that the lake you're fishing doesn't have a high resolution map available? I've found that some of the maps are great, and others...well, take a look at the South end of Keuka. In the absence of "real" data, Navionics obviously averaged existing intervals. The map suggests a slow gradual drop off and completely misses the delta at the mouth of Cold Brook. Which drops from five feet to fifty and is marked by buoys! On Lake Champlain, many of the reefs in the Lamotte Passage are off by hundreds of yards, and not consistently in one direction so you can at least back calculate where they are. I know that they say these maps aren't to be used for navigation, but what is the company's name?? I guess I wouldn't cry too much if your lake isn't on the list.  

OK. Rant over. Good luck.

I tried to activate it today unsuccessfully but will take another try after I look more at the manual and see if I can find something. I'm not sure if this is the right card I bought it at the boat show and both the hummingbird and navionics rep did say that I should be able to get one foot conturs.