Sub troll vs. Fish hawk

I am looking to get a speed and temperature probe the sub troll is made local and claims they are the best. Fish hawk is 200$ more is it worth it? Could I get by with the fish hawk td or is it just a waste of a 100$. Anyone who has either and would like to give their input please let me know or if selling either.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The Fishhawk x4 is an awesome unit. No rigger cable replacement needed. You do have to mount a triducer to the boat. The Fishhawk can also be used on ANY rigger on the boat. If you had an issue with the rigger the probe is on, you could switch it to another rigger and it would work. Can't to that with a sub troll.

Edited by GAMBLER

I am looking to get a speed and temperature probe the sub troll is made local and claims they are the best. Fish hawk is 200$ more is it worth it? Could I get by with the fish hawk td or is it just a waste of a 100$. Anyone who has either and would like to give their input please let me know or if selling either.

A fish Hawk TD will help you find temp but it will not help you with down speed which i believe is more critical. I personally run a Subtroll and love the unit, love the analog display. Subtroll unit does require you to have coated downrigger cable to send the signal to the display unit. 

I do however believe that fishhawk has the technology in its corner. They have a great unit and are certainly the most technologically advanced unit on the market. Fishhawk relies on a transducer to send the signal to the display. Honestly you cant lose with either unit. I would highly recommend both units.

IMHO, the FH TD is a great tool for calibrating the dive curves of wire divers, lead core, & other junk lines.

Also, what Gambler said! :)

Edited by Iceman