Dipsy Settings

I'm going to add dipsys to my spread this year. I've never run them before. I'm planning on running one per side outside my downriggers to start. What setting should I set the dipsys on? If I go on to run 2 rods per side, what settings should I use then?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Running one per side, use setting 1.

Running 2 per side use setting 3 and 1.

This is how I run my divers also.

As to the size of my divers, I make my diver size choices based on a couple of things including targeted species of fish (and the likely range of depths I will find them at) and lures being pulled. Generally speaking, I fish for kings which can be all over the middle to lower depths of the water column, so I use a mag diver on the inside set on 1 and a standard diver on the outside set on 3. 

If I wanted a mixed bag of fish including coho and steelhead/rainbows I'd still run the magnums on the inside, but would probably consider changing out one or more of the standard divers for a smaller one to fish the 15-25' depths. My settings would still be 1 and 3.

My initial two-person six-rod setup might be 2 riggers 4 divers, 2 riggers 3 divers 1 copper/core, 2 riggers 2 divers 2 copper/core, 1 rigger 4 divers 1 copper core, or 1 rigger 3 divers 2 copper/core. If I get a third person aboard, I probably start with 2 riggers 4 divers 2 copper/core.

As I mainly target kings, which can be at widely varying depths, I tend to spread my divers out a lot and run attractors off them as each diver is fairly alone in my spread. If the fish are hot for a certain depth or distance, then I might tighten them up a bit and try to form a diver proximity pattern. If it enhances the bite, I stick with it, if it doesn't I go back to spreading them out. On a given day I might have 150' on a mag wire diver and 350' on a standard wire diver at the two extremes with the other(s) in between.

One last piece of advice, when setting a second diver on the same side of the boat where you already have a diver, let it out under tension slowly. Set the clicker on and back off the drag so it goes out slowly and it will slip right into place without tangling the diver already deployed. Just tighten the drag when you reach your desired depth/distance. This works for both the inside and outside divers.

quick spread... 2 riggers, 2 out side divers normal size setting 3  ( well say 250 and 300 on the counter), 2 inside divers  mag size setting 1.5 ( well say 140 and 190 on the counters) if u run ur inside divers to high with sliders off ur riggers u WILL have a mess. best of luck