Sold / Closed King AP 2000 Auto Pilot N.I.B.

Its for cable. I had same unit on my sea ray. It worked great. I I trolled with my big motor I would buy this yesterday

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

hey I have a ? I noticed u said that if u trolled w ur big motor u would buy it does that mean that may not work w a kicked I have a 9.9 4 stroke I use for trolling which is hooked up to my main engine lower unit will that work for my boat

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

my thought would be battery issue on a cable steer without power steering..heck my wheel takes less effort with my troller you would want a 2nd battery as most kickers put out low charge at trolling speed ,now a trolling sock with a tad higher rpm always worked for me running 4 riggers radio and ff on those dead calm days or reduced rpm trolling with the wind..

I have that same auto pilot and I troll with my big motor. When trolling, I find we don't have enough rpm to effectively use it into the wind. It is constantly losing its bearing. In order to use it, I have to put more rpm than I desire to get it to hold, if I need it. Only then can I rely on it for an extended time. I am considering using a kicker motor, as I am looking for more effective speed control while trolling. The big motor has too much prop angle to get a good speed range. I have used the auto pilot off shore, in the Outer Banks. We trolled at 12-15 mph and it was very effective at those speeds. Overall I think its a good unit. As far as using it to steer a kicker with no big motor running, like Ray said, battery would be an issue. How much electrical draw you have, how often you start the main motor and charge your batteries, etc. I can steer my lower unit without much more effort out of power than with power. I don't see an issue with it working, just the electronics issue. We have a lot of electronics running on our boat. Wouldn't take very long to drain batteries. 

Ray I know your gettin a bunch of questions on this. Here's 2 more lol. What's the controller look like that you use for course or steering path? Does it hook up to a plotter or depth finder or is this an older version?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Its an older version. Flipping the lever sets your course. It holds a compass course, so waves and wind will cause it trouble in a slow speed too. It is what is intended for. I like it, but its not top shelf, nor reliable at 2.5 in the wind.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i Ran one of these i picked up off of craigslist for the last 7 year and it was nothing less than awesome trolled like a champ on my 270 sportcraft with single inboard 2.5 in the wind was no problem under 2.0 it would stray but 2.2 to 2.5 was fine , now i have a 36 sportcraft with a raymaire auto pilot with twins and we troll on one motor and it does the same thing on slow troll, i think its just the nature of the beast and going slow in the wind no auto pilot is going too hold perfect.500 is a deal on this unit and im not affiliated with crazy ray :)