Seneca Fathers day trip

let me start by saying fathers day trips have been great for us the past few years. Two years ago out of Sodus we destroyed the kings doubles and triples all morning. Last year was the same on Seneca with the landlocks. This year was different :( Headed out of Sampson straight across to angus point that was steady action during the derby for us. Started setting up, three rods in , had a double! dad had a decent one (laker)  I had a small something, lost mine, his followed shortly after. 0/2. would slowly go 1/5 over the next three hours boating one small laker. Picked the 5 color  leadcore rod out of the holder to change up the spoon  and SNAP! Some reason the new line snapped. saved the waypoint and started circling back to at least retrieve the inline. watched as the weight of the core slowly sank the board and it was gone. Came right back through the spot and the dipsy started clicking slowly. grabbed the rod and scored the whole set up back, only losing 2 colors to tangled mess! Marked huge bait balls steady with few scattered hooks. All but one were spin doc hits. Still fun day to be out with dad, Wife met me with the kiddos( 2,5) at the ramp later  and took them on a cruise which they loved.

Hey Kev, I guess things don't always go smoothly on Father's Day but you sure lucked out on retrieving your board and setup. The girls took me out for dinner and drinks at the Sandbar so I got to watch folks going out the channel and coming back in but that is as close to the water as I came :)  Great dinner and drinks though....