This last weekend had been planned for several months to fish out of Sodus with a few good friends from PA, all day fishing on Saturday and Sunday, and I had arranged a cottage for us on Eagle Island to make it a full weekend.  Early last week they had to cancel, and I was left scrambling for a replacement.  On a whim I called my brother whose summer schedule rarely lets him take a weekend to himself, luckily he got coverage for work and it was all planned out. A weekend fishing trip with my brother, something we haven't had the chance to do for over 10 years together, between work, family obligations, military deployments, etc....

We started out at 5:30 Saturday morning setting up in 120' and working north to about 250' without much to show except for a few knock offs and one solid hit and a miss on a meat rig out on a dipsey 290.  Finally around 9:30, we dropped all rigs deeper and had two misses immediately and then doubled up on dipseys set back 290 and 320 over 155 FOW, dropped one but finally boated the first king of the day.  Went in to the cottage at noon for some lunch and a little relaxation before the afternoon run.

Headed back out at 3:00 and went west, started at 150' and trolled north.  First king came shortly after on a green board/green fly 85' down on rigger, and we found a line between 205-220 that we continued to work the rest of the evening that yielded several hits each time we passed through.  Kings all came on a variety of flasher and flies, dipsies between 290 and 320 and riggers 85-95 down.  A couple steelhead came on spoons, but nothing of any size.  We packed up the gear and headed in at sundown with 5 kings between 11-17 lbs, one 9lb laker and 2 small steelies sent back to the lake.

The evening was wrapped up cleaning fish under a dock light and drinking a few beers, dinner was grilled salmon and yellow squash from the garden.  If that isn't paradise I don't know what is.  Unfortunately, the winds Sunday morning prevented us from taking out my little boat for one last run for the weekend, but all in all it turned out to be an amazing weekend.  You can see by the smile on my brothers face that he has kings in his blood now.  As we were heading back to the ramp he kept talking about how he may be able to squeeze just one more trip in this year......

post-145160-0-51609300-1405341616_thumb.jpeg

post-145160-0-21504200-1405341630_thumb.jpeg

post-145160-0-67266400-1405341639_thumb.jpeg

post-145160-0-38632800-1405341650_thumb.jpeg

Nicely done! Never made it out that far, as there were a few inside and the south wind was kickin out butts...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice job of it Skeletonfish :yes:  and nice report. Always great to get into them with family or people new to it.