I fished out of Oswego last Thur and today with Capt. Chris Misciagna on his boat.

Water temps were around 40 degrees on Thur but have warmed up to around 45-46 degrees today. The water was a lot clearer today than it was last week.

Thur. was the shakedown trip for Chris and everything went well. It sure did feel good to get back on the Big O. after a long winter.

100_2651.jpg

We ran stickbaits off the boards. On Thursday we caught most of our fish in 5 to 8 fow. Today we did better a little deeper (15-18 FOW). Chartruse worked better in the dirty water last week and today we did best on natural colors in the clearer water.

As others have mentioned , we also saw a LOT of lamprey marks and scars. Most of the fish we caught were also jammed with baitfish.

My first of the year

100_2658.jpg

Chris with his first of the year

100_2659.jpg

We kept a few. They are going in the smoker tomorrow.

100_2669.jpg

Thanks for letting me hitch a ride Chris.

Al,

Don't tell me you broke your boat or something??? Haven't seen a single report from you or Ryan yet... get it in gear man! :)

We'll be striper fishing the next three weekends, then up at Wilson May 10-18. We have room May 11-14 if you're interested!

Nick

Nick- the boat is not broken or anything. It's still sleeping in a barn. I'll get it in soon.You know I always procrastinate. Ryan is fishing in Marsh Harbor, Bahamas for a week with my brother-in-law and his friend. His boat is a little nicer than mine but hopefully he will be able to adjust to it.

DSCN2582.jpg

I'll definately try to get out to Wilson. Thanks for the invite. If you guys want to come up for browns before then, let me know and I'll make sure the boat is ready. Maybe we can beat the April 19th king from a few years ago.

I don't know, I still haven't been able to get rid of the chill I caught last time we went brown fishing :)

My weekends will actually be pretty booked now with striper fishing until we head up to niagara in may, thanks for the invite though.

I'm guessing Ryan is having an aweful time out there, I mean catching all those fish in that warm weather... it must be hard on the poor kid :lol:

Nick