Wanted cannon mag 10a parts!

Hello, I am in need of a "driveshaft " assy for a mid 90's cannon mag 10a. it is a partially threaded shaft about 6 in long with a quarter size gear on the end. Part is discontinued from cannon and all other outlets. Headed out to screwy louies yesterday and he was out unfortunately. Have a machinist friend look at it, possibly able to duplicate but chances aren't good. If anyone has any part riggers available please let me know! Will post pic of part later.

Thanks, Kevin

Did you try Mike's Reel Repair out in western Michigan?  It 'appears' that he has the part available online -- but you would have to confirm!  If this is not the part you are talking about - sorry about that ! 

Here is the link:

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/cannon-1280001-shaft-drive-m10a-p-101732.html

Edited by LakerTaker

Sounds like the same part I needed, ended up fixing it by welding the two parts together, metals were different the cog was kinda pot metal and shaft was stainless , ran a bead over both and ground it flat..still working.. good luck with it. If you can't find the part and you think it is the same deal send it to me and I will try to fix it for ya.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I just bought the same part for my Cannon Mag 10a from Fish307.com. When I searched the part under Pre-2006 Mag 10a parts it showed as obsolete, so I searched the same part under the Pre-2006 Mag 10 and bought that one. It works fine on my Mag 10a.