Football players (somewhat fishing related)

I'm not sure this is the place for this, but saw this video of the Steelers, Brett Keisel, today and was touched.  Figured I'd share it with some fellow fisherman.  I know we all like fishing and most of us are probably football fans too.  

So you have guys like Ray Rice that beat their wives and guys like Brett Keisel (Da Beard) that take patients from Children's Hospital fishing.  Nice to see the good things too.  Also, not intending for this to be racial at all.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/ray-rice-elevator-knockout-fiancee-takes-crushing-punch-video/

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/must-see-chp-patient-hooks-catch-lifetime-steelers/ngFNS/

I guess this wasnt the place for it. Thought a hot topic like the Ray Rice thing might generate more response but i guess nobody wants to touch it here. Ill keep it strictly fishing in the future.

Old man... The Steelers have some classy guys and some not so classy guys just like any other team i guess. I think the Steelers used to be a little more selective based on a players character but i dont think that happens much anymore. Far from domestic abuse, but just a couple weeks ago our two starting running backs got busted smoking pot in their car on the way to the airport to board a plane for a pre-season game. Come on... Cant believe some of these guys cant use a little more common sense to keep making their millions.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ivan thanks for sharing....this is the place to talk about taking kids out fishing and discuss our responsibilities as sportsman and role models. I personally would love to see EVERY sportsman out there make point to take a kid fishing....not your child...though thats great...some kid with ZERO opportunity to get on the water. We all owe our exposure to fishing to someone special...be that guy for someone else! Kudos to anyone going out of their way to take time with a child...as for poor role models like the one you mention...i see no use for them!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app

One more thought...most guys targetting musky, tigers etc practice catch and release...we understand conservation for future angling....whats the point if the next generation is too busy watching tv and playing video games. Id like to see more pics of kids and muskies in all our posts. Yeah you will lose more fish and they will make mistakes but who really cares. Kids are capable of far more than sunnies under a float not that they dont enjoy that too, but they want to do what we do also.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Lake Ontario United mobile app