Need a tracking dog - Oswego county

bout time

Shot a decent buck last night. Tracked till dark. Came

Back this morning great blood in the woods all the way to the bean field then nothing [ attachment=18328:ImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1413294200.646244.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

post-144505-14132942053289_thumb.jpg

Mike,

Nautitroller  from this site has a deer tracking service.  His name is John Wild. 607-738-7860. I haven't used him, but I think he has been doing it for awhile.

Good Luck,

DJ

Hope you find it lousy feeling all.been there. What does the arrow look like. Is it still in the deer?

Two years ago I had a big 9 pt carry an arrow for 6 hours in his chest. Stuck I too forward but stayed in stuck in the opposite side leg...spotty but heavy blood for a half.mile let him lay over night yup found him.next morning 30 yards from last blood.

Good luck get after him

Thanks for all the help. I talked to John and explained the scenario. He was great to talk to. After 24 hours and a restless night sleep the coyotes have won. It happens I know but still sucks. After following the blood trail today I was highly optimistic. That's the high and low of hunting.

The story....it looks like things are heating up. last night I was watching 5 does in the field when out of the corner of my eye I spotted movement across the field. Upon glassing It was a decent size 8. I grunted a couple times to get his attention and he came in on a string. He covered 200 yards in no time. He entered the woods about 50 yards from me and circled behind me to get the wind. He kept coming and hung up behind some brush. I had time to range him and he was at 33 yards. He stomped for about 5 minutes and froze. I grunted softly and he walked my way to about 28 yards. He then winded me but still didn't move. He turned his head away and I drew. It seemed like forever but it was clear he was not coming any closer. And the rest is history. Not the ending I wanted but it's the truth none the less. It's always great calling in deer from long distance it really gets the blood pumping.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United