Sean,

I'm sure I'll have better luck than last weekend,... perhaps you've read my post of last weekend? Eeesh!

The weather tomorrow is looking far more conducive and the nice warming trend during the week should create some fishy water in close - just keep an eye on the temp and the color.

I have two issues with the boat to tend to that I discovered last weekend, so I'll probably not be out at o'dark-early. I hope to be out by 9 though.

In any case, give me a shout on 68. I answer to "Pierless."

Regards,

Pierless

Neil

I hear the water out of sodus is clear and cold. They have been doing Browns early with the bite drastically slowing with the sun angle increasing. From about Pultneyville west had good color with the Genny plume skirting the shore but may have changed with the wind. Good luck where ever you go.

Jeff

Hookedup,

I live at Sodus, so that's where I fish.

I haven't been out since Sunday though, so whatever is the latest water condition report from the Sodus area is better than I can offer at this moment.

As far as spring Browns go, I think Sodus is very good year on year. Some ups and downs of course, but always seems to be good fish there.

Take last year's LOC Spring Derby results as an example; the top 12 Browns were caught on the east end of the Lake and a Brown from Rochester didn't make the board until 13th spot. Sodus had the 3rd place Brown in spring '07. Biggest Brown Spring '07 was from Fairhaven.

Without any disrespect, coming from Horseheads, you might want a bit more "excitement" than Sodus has to offer and so I could see wanting to be in/around I-bay. Having lived in Rochester for too long, I'm more inclined to enjoy what Sodus has to offer.

Most of the middle to east end of Lake Ontario is pretty light on bigger salmon in the spring. I'll catch little skippers in the spring, but the decent ones don't show up till a bit later when they seem to migrate eastward from the Niagara Bar area.

Hope that helped,

Pierless

Neil