New docks at Genny

LongLine

Ten bucks to launch before you know it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That may be so,but you can be assured that, unlike the I-Bay outlet, there are no big rocks in front of the launch or a sanded up outlet to the lake when the water levels go down in late season.

Nor will you have any worries that your trailer wheels will fall off the (not so) deep end of the launch .

It seems that there are no cleats as yet, hopefully they will be there by next season.

Edited by rolmops

That may be so,but you can be assured that, unlike the I-Bay outlet, there are no big rocks in front of the launch or a sanded up outlet to the lake when the water levels go down in late season.

Nor will you have any worries that your trailer wheels will fall off the (not so) deep end of the launch .

It seems that there are no cleats as yet, hopefully they will be there by next season.

Where are the big rocks in front of the I-Bay launch? I launch there every year and have never seen or hit a big rock near the launch.

Thanks for any advice you may have,

Chris

Where are the big rocks in front of the I-Bay launch? I launch there every year and have never seen or hit a big rock near the launch.

Thanks for any advice you may have,

Chris

Right in front of the launch of Mayers marina. if you do not cut west right after you launch but try to go straight out through the slips you too will find them.They are due south of the launch right after the east/west channel that runs along the dock. Ask Bill or Allison.They will tell you where they are.

It cost me a prop about 10 years ago and because I had forgotten about it I lost another propeller this year.

Cornelis

Edited by rolmops

The City will have their parking machine there come April, but best to buy a season pass from Parks & Recreation.

And yes it is a deep water launch.  I've seen 35 ft'rs pulled out with some big rigs.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Right in front of the launch of Mayers marina. if you do not cut west right after you launch but try to go straight out through the slips you too will find them.They are due south of the launch right after the east/west channel that runs along the dock. Ask Bill or Allison.They will tell you where they are.

It cost me a prop about 10 years ago and because I had forgotten about it I lost another propeller this year.

Cornelis

Yikes. Do you mean south of the gas dock in the area that they often mark off as "shallow water"? You cannot cut west after you launch b/c of his catwalk. His catwalk to D-dock is too low and any boat with a bimini or hardtop cannot get through so you are forced to go through the channel between C and D docks. There are no obstacles or rocks in the channel south of the launch in between C and D docks that I am aware of.

Yikes. Do you mean south of the gas dock in the area that they often mark off as "shallow water"? You cannot cut west after you launch b/c of his catwalk. His catwalk to D-dock is too low and any boat with a bimini or hardtop cannot get through so you are forced to go through the channel between C and D docks. There are no obstacles or rocks in the channel south of the launch in between C and D docks that I am aware of.

No I mean exactly due south of his boat launch. Go straight out of his launch into C and D  and you will hit them when the water is low. This year I lost a prop there in October when I tried to come in with my Islander.

No I mean exactly due south of his boat launch. Go straight out of his launch into C and D  and you will hit them when the water is low. This year I lost a prop there in October when I tried to come in with my Islander.

Oh man - that's terrible. Honestly, I do not launch at Mayer's any longer as his dock is too short for my 22' boat, and I no longer moor on D-dock after the finger pier broke off in 2009 b/c of his ****ty welds which resulted in $2,000 in damage to my boat when the pier broke off in a wind storm (still connected to my boat) and my boat was pushed into the rocks on the south end of the bay near the public launch. I moor on A-dock near the sailboats, so I pray that there's no rocks in that neck of the woods.

Thanks for the heads up!

Chris