R&R Assassins

Gill-T

Dave Wilczak of R&R tackle is bringing back his popular fish-shaped flashers "Assassins" with a bang!  Usage of extended glow blades with UV color and flasher tape placed just right will make this product a sure hit that always sells out.  Check out Dave's website mytacklebox.com and see for yourself how Dave has "hit it out of the park" with the product design.  Dave is working hard to have some of these available at the LOTSA show, otherwise, these will only be available thru the website.

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Edited by Gill-T

I believe that is the 8" model. Guys did well last year with the 8" version. I would say if you are going to run some long 3-fly twinkie meat rigs use the 11.5 model. Flies I would lean towards the 8" model.

Edited by Gill-T

So are they meant more for meat rigs or for flies.  I noticed that the fish shaped ones in different brands tend to be used more for meat.  I would like to get my flasher/fly program set this year.  I run a mix of all different kinds of 8" blades and SDs with flies.  I just need to settle on a single brand or 2 to get things dialed in.   

The albino frog on the home page picture is a 10" Assassin with a 22" fly (same length I use for 8"SD).  I'm the guy in the photo and have been helping Dave @ R&R on these.  One of the points I've discussed with Dave is that guys aren't going to want to change their fly lead lengths to use a different attractor and the SD is probably most popular.  I also had success with Green Froggy 11.5" Assassin with 34" fly (same length I use for 10" SD).  Ran these off riggers, dipsey's and copper with no problems with tangles. These new Assassins work well with flies.  These are more forgiving in the spread than 13" Kingfisher's. I'll be at the LOTSA show with R&R and can discuss fly lengths and rigging. Dave's detail on these really pop.       

I've run all sizes of Assassins over the years , 8 inch with flies and spoons. I run a 30 inch leader with a spoon behind-you'll see a picture of one of my best set-ups on Dave's web page. On flies it depends on the mood of the fish-when they are active, a shorter (18-22") leader and when they are pickie (22-26") leader. I've run the 10" and the 12" with flies. meat and lures and had success with all choices. They all run true in your spread. even with mixed sizes. Sometimes I'll pair an 8" with a 12" of the same color with the 8" about 15' higher and shorter to the shark. Assassins are real performers and run sweet out of the package with the best paint job on the market.