Coopers pond

iceman05

Well I hit the pond today seeing as cranberry,long and braddocks have been slow and hit or miss. Well I caught a three man limit of dink perch from noon-3. Which provided some entertainment. Not a single flag on the tip ups. Few other guys out there moving all over the pond for the panfish sorting through the dinks. I did see they had one flag but didn't land the fish........ice is decent some spots had 5in of black ice other spots had 3in white ice 2in black ice......with all that being said it would be a good spot to take the kids and not get bored.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Only have fished long and braddocks and do not frequent those waters. Just curious.....Where is cooper's? One of the smaller bodies among or connected to the "main" ponds? (.....u could pm if is a "secret" or sort of private......)

Edited by panfisher

Hey by no means is it a secret. It's connected to braddocks. Take north Greece rd to the end. Before you go over the bridge there is parking on the left. If you do go cross the road to get on the ice don't go under the bridge. Then walk the creek north and your first inlet on the right leads to the pond maybe 400yrds from the bridge. When walking in stay to the right of the small channel, the middle was open a touch........the pond itself max depth in the middle is 12-15ft. From my experience the edges produce better for pike and panfish are all over.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

No problem. Coopers usually has more bad days then good and in the summer Its like a boat merry go round that gets way over fished. Usually has 6 bass boats going in a circle all flipping plastics

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah must be some nice fish there if that's the case. Just for my clarification, r u referring to the "Buttonwood creek" itself....or that squarish, lobed little pond (looks like a glorified retention pond) with backyards (lucky folks) of "Widgeon Landing" (those cheesy suburban road names.... :shake: ) backing up to it? I'm using sat shots from google maps.

Yeah must be some nice fish there if that's the case. Just for my clarification, r u referring to the "Buttonwood creek" itself....or that squarish, lobed little pond (looks like a glorified retention pond) with backyards (lucky folks) of "Widgeon Landing" (those cheesy suburban road names.... :shake: ) backing up to it? I'm using sat shots from google maps.

yeah thats coopers

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app