well i just returned from a 10 day stay in Yakutat, Alaska fishing the Situk River for wild run steelhead.. let me tell you guys if you ever get a chance to go.. DO IT!!! the run wasnt in full swing yet but we did well and it got better as the trip went on!! fishing up there is basically the same as here... jigs, yarn flies, beads, pink worms all worked.. heres some of the pics

the drive into the river

Picture1378.jpg

Picture1388.jpg

the first fish came within minutes of hitting the river

Picture1381.jpg

Picture1442.jpg

Picture1444.jpg

Picture1445.jpg

Picture1459.jpg

Picture1462.jpg

Picture1471.jpg

Picture1464.jpg

Picture1470.jpg

Picture1492.jpg

Picture1493.jpg

Picture1497.jpg

there was 4 bears together 3 cubs and a momma.. heres a cub.. got some excellent video of all 4

Picture1503.jpg

Picture1522.jpg

Picture1532.jpg

Picture1544.jpg

Picture1545.jpg

Picture1546.jpg

Picture1551.jpg

Picture1552.jpg

Picture1555.jpg

the veiw from the lodge

Picture1389.jpg

bald eagles were EVERYWHERE!

Picture1413.jpg

Picture1414.jpg

That is CRAZY! Awesome fish bro, did you catch any small fish or what? I havent fished in weeks, or longer cant remember, and now i have to think about all those fish. I hope to get up there someday. It seems like a trip of a lifetime, i would rather be there than anywhere else, thanks for sharing those pics.

Doug

That is CRAZY! Awesome fish bro, did you catch any small fish or what? I havent fished in weeks, or longer cant remember, and now i have to think about all those fish. I hope to get up there someday. It seems like a trip of a lifetime, i would rather be there than anywhere else, thanks for sharing those pics.

Doug

there was very few small fish caught..was a great trip and plan on going back next yr

Chrome, nice pics as others have mentioned. Just out of curiosity, which airport did you fly out of and into? I'm wanting to go Alaska soon, and last I looked into had me going into Seattle then onto Alaska. I was looking into the Kenai area though-

Chrome, nice pics as others have mentioned. Just out of curiosity, which airport did you fly out of and into? I'm wanting to go Alaska soon, and last I looked into had me going into Seattle then onto Alaska. I was looking into the Kenai area though-

drove to Pittsburgh to meet with the rest of the group then flew into Salt lake city then up to Anchorage.. then into Yakutat.. we flew delta

WOW!!!! What a trip and experience! Did you use a guide or plan it on your own?

Thanks for sharing!

Shawn

did it on are own.. same as fishing for steel around here.. only thing a guide would of been nice for is the 14mile row down river in the drift boats other than that there not needed at all