Wanted Wanted Electric Reel

Discovered a new way to fish in the keys but they are 600 to 700 ft down..it takes a pretty heavy weight and ya drift over humps so ya need to reel in and reset several times a hour ..sorta like reeling in 700ft copper 10 times a hour .. even a large spool 2 speed manual might work ....thanks..oh Snowy grouper.and tilefish are the targets..Good eating..............

post-139681-0-74476300-1428355058_thumb.jpg

Ray,

I may have a penn 130 dual speed for sale, if not I know I can part with a Okuma 50 shark reel. I've seen electric motors for the 130's for 300$ at bass pro in Orlando.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

time is on my side as i have all summer to look around,just hope to find a good deal and thought id post before i forget ..due to the deep cold water the snowy grouper has great flavor,over reg. grouper on the reef. plus the season for reg .ends dec. 31st ..just the time we arrive . did get there a week early but the weather  (wind) and wife (more wind) have a restriction till camp is setup

Edited by ray koziatek

When I went to Panama they used what looked like a short boom downrigger and did this. It was loaded with a heavy braid line, large weight and bait. sent it to bottom. Once on bottom you would take some slack line and actually hold it your hand until you felt a bite then just powered up the reel. I asked about the setups and they told me they were nothing more than low geared DC motors with a clutch system. Maybe modify a old downrigger?

Mike

'Bout Time