Fished the Oak 4/15/15 (shake down day) headed east nothing form the pier until we got to the point near bald eagle marine then we picked up 4 nice browns & 1- 15# laker, all between the creek & the pine point. Beauty of a day! All the docks are in at the Oak.

Good talking to you yesterday , I'm the guy in the white pickup that parked next to you in the lot after you pulled your boat out. Small world .... I'll be out Saturday hope we have a good shake down like you did. Take care

Jeff

Us LOU members need a secret hand shake or something so we know when we are talking to someone from the site. lol. Nice talking with you. Hope you have a good day catching a lot. Let us know how you do. We are going out of Olcott Sat. am.

Lineman49 that's a good thought, maybe we could get shirts or hats made with the Proud to be a LOU member on them, that way when we are out and about if you see somebody wearing a shirt or hat at least we could introduce ourself to one an other, what do you think, could sell them for a little over cost and give the proceeds back to the site, just an idea?

Launched at 7:15 headed west in gin clear water went 2/4 in 8-11 feet. One nice brown one little coho. Turned around past the park and trolled back to the ladders. Nice dirty water east of the piers went 1/1 on a small coho there , was out of the water by 11:00. First time on the lake in years. Great splash down trip. New e-tec purrs like an expensive kitten ... Lol

Perch colored sticks seemed the best. One on a silver spoon flatlined with a half once weight 3 ft up . I don't have riggers set up yet. One was a stick I bought as a blank , painted and epoxied myself so that was my highlight of the day !

Launched at 7:15 headed west in gin clear water went 2/4 in 8-11 feet. One nice brown one little coho. Turned around past the park and trolled back to the ladders. Nice dirty water east of the piers went 1/1 on a small coho there , was out of the water by 11:00. First time on the lake in years. Great splash down trip. New e-tec purrs like an expensive kitten ... Lol

Thanks for the report! What size E tech on what size boat? Was wondering how these troll. Can you get it down to less than 600 rpm? Or do you use a sock or plate method to slow down...I know they are very fine motors and was considering repower with 115 or 150 twins replacing a single yammy 225.

Mark

Lineman49 that's a good thought, maybe we could get shirts or hats made with the Proud to be a LOU member on them, that way when we are out and about if you see somebody wearing a shirt or hat at least we could introduce ourself to one an other, what do you think, could sell them for a little over cost and give the proceeds back to the site, just an idea?

Chad beat you to it: http://www.cafepress.com/lakeontario 

I've got a sticker on my back window now - I've met folks fishing and didn't realize until afterwards that I knew them through LOU already.

Chad beat you to it: http://www.cafepress.com/lakeontario 

I've got a sticker on my back window now - I've met folks fishing and didn't realize until afterwards that I knew them through LOU already.

Mortigan thanks for the heads up. hell they went as far as intimate lady's wear. Maybe il buy my wife the white thong and as long as I'm, well better quit while I'm a head of this thought there are kids on this site!! LOL

Thanks for the report! What size E tech on what size boat? Was wondering how these troll. Can you get it down to less than 600 rpm? Or do you use a sock or plate method to slow down...I know they are very fine motors and was considering repower with 115 or 150 twins replacing a single yammy 225.

Mark

I also replaced my Mercs with twin 200 HO Etec's last year. They are great. They sip fuel and yet can troll them down to 500 rpm's and I usually drop a motor and it sits at 1.9-2.1 usually have to bump it a bit but no complaints so far as of yet. Another thing I do like is that I can run my Merc props on them also

I also replaced my Mercs with twin 200 HO Etec's last year. They are great. They sip fuel and yet can troll them down to 500 rpm's and I usually drop a motor and it sits at 1.9-2.1 usually have to bump it a bit but no complaints so far as of yet. Another thing I do like is that I can run my Merc props on them also

Thanks, I have a 24 ft deep V and would like the benefit of charging at troll speed and possibly moving weight of the Troller 9.9 and gas tank off the dive platform and leveling up better. Also auto pilot would work much better with more prop in the water.

We have a 17.5' crestliner with a 115 hp etec. It was a brand new leftover 2014. Yesterday was our first day with it but the troll down right out of the box impressed me. I troll oneida lake for walleyes and was hoping it would troll down so on windy days I wouldn't have to fight my bow mount min Kota . The e tec is very snappy and super quiet ! My buddy has a new Yamaha 115 and I don't think this etec is much louder if at all. Check out pugsleys marine on 104 in Ontario ny they were very good to deal with.

Thanks, I have a 24 ft deep V and would like the benefit of charging at troll speed and possibly moving weight of the Troller 9.9 and gas tank off the dive platform and leveling up better. Also auto pilot would work much better with more prop in the water.

My boat is 27' and I replaced my 150's cause 1 they were carbed and second they would foul out the plugs after a couple of trips trolling. Mine also were demos that Bob had on his boat at Pugleys and got a great deal on them. With the horsepower upgrade and the direct injection I also picked up another 20mph on my top end also. I wasn't an Evinrude guy before these and almost went for the four strokes but I am very impressed with the performance of these Etec's.