Fair Haven 4/16 afternoon

Splash down this afternoon at Fair Haven. Launched at state park around 130 pm and worked my way west. Gin clear water the whole way. Temp was a solid 45 until I got in front of "7 sisters". Found a small pocket of 48 degree water and moved a couple rods (all sticks). All cookie cutter browns. Turned around and headed back east. Took a decent 8 lb brown off die hard spoon down 5 and 50 back out of the 45 degree water in front of holiday harbor. Made a pass on east side of chute and took another 2 cookie cutters in 47 degree water. The water on the east side had the most (only) color to it. Boat ran great and officially ready for the season.

Mike

'Bout Time

post-144505-1429230192224_thumb.jpg

nice report i was thinking about coming up there this weekend, but now i am not sure if the water is clear.  Sounds like the water is clear in alot of places.  We had the same type of water over in sodus last weekend but found some water that fish were willing to play in.  Great to hear the boat ran great.

The water at the park is very low. There was just enough water at the very end of the dock to float the boat off the trailer. I showed just under 3' ( 32-34" ) at the end of the docks,   

Depends on your boat honestly. The water is low every where. i can't lauch at Turtle Cove because my trailer will fall off the end of ramp and the my axles will hit. I have a 23.5' Trophy and weigh +/- 5000 lbs and was able to launch at the state park ok yesterday