Lucky Enuff Bar report.....Pics added

Well, Kind of a screwed up trip but after the weekend and getting over over being sick (puked on a boat for the first time EVER :x ) things have improved dramatically.

It's been a slow and steady pick for me, but the boat has been running fantastic and the weather up till a couple hours ago has been great during this past week.

Biggest fish came today.....19lbs 14oz off the rigger. I didn't bother running the 8 miles to weigh it in, so it drove around in the cooler 7 hours or it would have made the leader board for at least a day?? I'll add pics on my next report when I get home. It came over 140 fow 70 down on a hammer time spinny and a hammer fly.

No one particular spoon or fly seems to be especially hot for me, a fish on this....fish on that. I'll be out of Wilson with a crew on the weekend and I'll post a more detailed report when I get home. BTW....The Wilson Boathouse Marina is first class!! I Love this place!

ROd,

Have you tried the Kevork a spook yet mupp rig? That rig has put a lot of fish in the boat for me out there pretty much all day on most days. I wish I was out there with you guys, will be back next year. Good Luck.

Rich

Rich - purple was a hot color out there but last yr it wouldnt go for me and this yr I havent been able to get it to go either. My purple dipseys which r usually HOT wont even go this year so far. IDK :?

Rick,

Are you staying out at the bar for the month? We're heading up tomorrow and fishing through Sunday May 18th. We'll be back again for memorial day weekend also. Haven't seen many reports from the bar area, looks like not nearly as many people traveled out there this year, or maybe they're just not catching like usual.

Nick

Yeah, we will be there till the Niagara Pro-Am then off to the Oak. There are plenty of boats out there fishin, so Im not sure why the lack of reports. I guess the fishing is good from Olcott to the can, so good luck. Wait till you see the marina. I have never seen it so filled for the derby. I have fished the area for about 5-7 years and the first weekend on the American side is always hit or miss. It only gets better from here on out.

Here is a pic of my biggest, just couldn't get one big enuff. I ended up fishing alone most of the week after some unforeseen circumstances with the crew I went out with. Boating this particular fish solo was, well.....nerve racking.

Still not sure how I got it in the boat. There were no boats around me when I hooked up, but I ended up steering thru the pack while fighting the fish. I started in 140fow and netted the fish in 75 fow, and that wasn't @ the bar.... :lol::lol::lol:

I was about 8 miles west of Wilson.

PqOKyrA.jpg

I see your boat Rick...I'll definitely stop over and say hello when I see you. I have the boat there all month so I'll keep a look out for you. I saw you guys come in one day but I had my hands full at the time. This is my first time out west....so I'll be all ears if ya wanna give me any tips....lol

Btw....what's the best bar to hang out at? The one there at the marina?

Rich.....I always run my doctored Kevorkian at some point. It was my most productive spoon last year, but I think it only took two fish this trip. Same as Rick here....I just couldn't get purple going. My two pole spread didn't help things :lol::lol: It was like impossible to get dialed in on any patterns running two poles. I probably only averaged 5-7 hits a day, and I had to work hard for them. I tried a few black spoons, but I never did try a spook. I'll run that this weekend. How things going for you back east?

Nick....You gonna be in Wilson? We'll be up this weekend and Memorial weekend also. I'll keep an eye out for you. I was up most of last week and I didn't talk to many guys that were killing them. There was very limited talk on the radio also.....then again it's derby time so I guess that's expected. Something tells me Canadian waters would have been the ticket last week, but I decided to save on the gas cause my fish wouldn't count anyway.

Sorry for the long post.....

Good luck to all this weekend !!

Rod,

Ok cool, I'll look for you. We'll probably be monitoring ch68. We're driving up Friday evening and will probably launch from the state park early saturday morning and start fishing right away, then come in around noon to check in at the marina. We're in a grey topped 19' white trophy... I'll be the guy not catching anything and driving in circles ;)

Nick

Hey Fishtails, saw you rigging rods a few times as we went back and forth to the island in our tender boat. You staying in the cottage/room right in front of your boat?

I almost puked when I read you didn't have a crew....I had a crew and no boat starting Thursday due to trolling motor problem. I would have paid you to take us out!