Boat travel: Sodus Bay to Oswego

Just curious as I have my boat slipped in Sodus for the year(first time there) but at the end of August I will be going to Oswego for a week.

Anybody run that in their boat ? How long does it take? Trying to decide to troll over, motor up over, or trailer it over.

Any advice/info be great.

There are so many variables, your schedule, sea condition, your budget ect. It is a beautiful section of Lake Ontario shoreline so if you can swing the fuel, cruise it. If you have the time, troll it. The time it takes will depend on the speed of your vessel, sea condition, and whether you follow the shoreline (longer) or cruise a straight line. Its nice to have options, and if your schedule is tight and you find the lake riled up you can just trailer it. Its approx 30 statute miles. 

Something to remember if you have a west wind the lake can be a lot rougher at the east end, I made the trip under good and bad conditions if your in a small boat the mouth of Oswego harbor can be the werst part of your trip. Be safe have a nice trip.