Fished out of sandy creek today

This is my first year ever trolling outside of April and May so I am experiencing everything for the first time.

Today we caught a few lakers In 120' 80' down. Then we kinda migrated deep with the boats that looked like they knew where they were going. Ended up with a small king just before it was time to head in 9 am.

We had our first bad experience with fleas... 😕🔫 wow they are frustrating to deal with! Any tricks to either not pick them up or getting them off? I could definitely see loosing a fish while messing around with them.

Second I see a lot of posts about big Browns, but no detail on how deep they are or what they are using. Are these guys targeting brown trout or did they just happen to run into them? I've caught nothing but lakers, steelhead and salmon since early June. Anyway thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Pick up some blood run flea flicker and use 100-200' of "leader" before your leader. It will keep the fleas off. Buy it at narbys.

As for Browns- you need a temp probe to find where your 50-55* water is and follow it to the bottom- ex. 50* is 60' down- go to 60' and start looking at the bottom of the water column and work around that area. With the way the king fishing is right now go look for those- there's nothing better than a big king ripping line.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You can tighten your line like a guitar string and flick them off, but be careful how you flick them. You'll end up eating them, whether you want to or not. For the record, they taste more like chicken than shrimp  :rofl:

Pick up some blood run flea flicker and use 100-200' of "leader" before your leader. It will keep the fleas off. Buy it at narbys.

As for Browns- you need a temp probe to find where your 50-55* water is and follow it to the bottom- ex. 50* is 60' down- go to 60' and start looking at the bottom of the water column and work around that area. With the way the king fishing is right now go look for those- there's nothing better than a big king ripping line.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yup