Cleaning thru haul water intake ?

bout time

My washdown pump is T'd off my bait well thru haul intake located on bottom of the boat . It worked fine for a while but now I'm not getting enough water to my washdown pump. The bait well works fine. I've tested the pump outside the boat and it works fine so the problem appears to be water restriction from the intake. Is there a way to clean it in the water? Air compressor etc?. When I put boat on trailer the intake rests on top of the bunk so it's not accessible that way

'Bout Time

Mike

Edited by bout time

I read on another site that this is common with type of setup and culprit is usually that the washdown is sucking air through the live well. I am going to try to plug the live well side and see what happens

After a lot $&÷_$ and oh @£×¥! It ended up being a partially clogged intake. I elminated the bait well and still had issues. I then pulled the pump and replaced all water lines -no change. I tested the pump in a 5 gallon bucket and worked great. I brought my air compressor down and used that to blow out the water line and intake. Once that was done put everything back together and now it works as it should. Note to self blow out intake first next time before trying anything else

'Bout Time

Mike

If you use thse pumps in a river with zebra mussels, it is also a good idea to pour some bleech down into these hoses every so often just so the zebra mussels do not start growing in your pump intakes.