Anybody ever use one of these? I got one and wondered what expieriences you had with it. I'm not sure it has increased the amount of fish activity around the boat, but it dosen't seem to harm. I run it at .600 any body got an observation on different settings? I run it on all four riggers.

Mark

Guess nobody has got one. I wanted to see if anybody experienced what happened to me Monday. This is strange but for real. I had a friend out there from point breeze and we were runnin four rods off the outboard riggers stacked. The black box is on.... set at .600 to make salmon feel gooood. Suddenly we get a rip on starboard side... friend grabs it.... I clear the other rod on that rigger.... I got to other side to clear those rods but :shock: There's a fish on one rod and I think it is small and can't release the clip... so I yank and yank and it seems it won't release :? .... then friend says I lost him :( ... yhen starts reelin slack... wait :shock: it's still there...same thing goes on three times, he thinks he looses the fish... we are still trolling so this is strange :? ...... finally I determine that the rod I'm tryin to clear with the fish hooked on a 60 ft drop from the ball has come forward and wrapped around the starboad cable.....eventually the friends salmon comes aboard and we get the starbord cable up to find a bare hook... no fish :? ...HuH!

musta wrenched off on the ball.. I ponder the thought that maybe the .600 volts coursin down the cable was causing these two fish to charge at the boat even while we were makin way at 2.6 mph. Go figure. but just a guess. Maybe ;)

skipper have ya ever tried copper? start out with 220 volts must be like a microwave down there with 600.sorta like a bug zapper .havent heard of anyone using the box in the last couple years but with or without it wierd things happen down there check for freys and drop em back down.

Ray yer killin me, NO copper, and point 600 as in .6 DC volts. Maybe thats why the craze over trollin so far back behind some folks boat cause the boat is scarin fish away with galvanic action way out of spec.

skipper.

I have the cabela's one on my boat (same as protroll, just rebadged for cabelas). I had determined that I had a rogue grounding problem somewhere on my boat and was throwing a repelling charge in the water. The first 2 years I had this boat, 95% of my fish came on divers and cores, I could count on 1 hand the number of rigger bites I's get over the course of a season. After I put the black box on, my riggers were all of a sudden my biggest producers. I took my old 80's vintage Cannon mag 10's off last year and am only running my 2 Scottys, and with the coated cable on the one for the Depth Raider, I only have 1 rigger hooked up to the black box anymore, but I'd never consider taking it off. I'm convinced it makes my boat fish better.

Tim

ps, never had an experience like yours though.

tbromund, I am in the same thinking and was ponderin the way fishin with long lines has come back in force. Heck my grandpa usta fish for Otsego bass in what is known now as Cooperstown Lake. He had ta fish wit wire cause he didn't have a down rigger cause that contraption was unheard of back then. Now folks are ravin' over a long line and thought that this is strange cause ifn ya got a rigger at 60 ft and a long line out there a country mile doin the same depth, what makes the long line seem like the hot ticket.