Braddock's Bay Help

Miss em

I just don't understand how blind the state is. At least from what I hear, Buffalo waterfront is great. "Build it, they will come". Now give me the movie title to that.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Field of Dreams

Here is the USACE page on this project.  It was justified and funded under a habitat improvement authority in the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative.  While there was a lot of discussion in the early phases of the project about the desirability of a navigation project, there was no budget authority for that kind of construction that did not require a significant local match to the Federal dollars (No state or local money except time and some post project monitoring has been required under the GLRI funding), and that kind of funding was not available at the time either in the County budget or in the Town of Greece.   The channel at the east end of the project was added to the design as "insurance" to allow for alleviation if there is a buildup of nutrients in the Buttonwood portion of the bay.  The Town agreed to take that on if the headlands breakwall were pre-configured to allow for easy excavation.  The development of the project took over three years, with many designs considered, and the cost of the alternatives considered.  I have heard nothing about the plans for the marina other than the Danielle involvement, but it is possible that another entity like the town could pursue funding and permitting for expansion of the project to included some better channel for navigation, and this much of a breakwall is in place for its habitat benefits , so that portion of funds will not have to be found.  I want to emphasize that this was a very public process, with the Braddock Bay FWMA Advisory Committee, the towns (Greece and Parma), the County and the State, all participating along with USACE, USEPA, and USF+WS in developing the plan, and then two heavily attended Public meetings held to get input from the public, with nearly unanimous support received from the public attending the meetings or submitting comments afterward.  Also involved was Dr. Doug Wilcox, who retired from USGS Great Lakes Center where he was an expert in coastal processes and wetlands, and who is currently teaching at SUNY at Brockport. 

http://www.lrb.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/District-Projects/Braddock-Bay/