Ice fisherman survived after 20 min under the ice

muskiedreams

Man that guy burned up all of his nine lives in two outings, thank god he got lucky both times as his last trip put the icing on the cake. I'd find a different hobbie that required both feet on the ground

As someone who has been into the water twice while on the ice I cringed while reading this story but the first thing that comes to mind is the importance of staying on top of the water and although hypothermia can (and will) still set in and be a major factor your survival chances are increased by a massive amount if you are wearing floatation clothing while out there or perhaps a life jacket....it is not something for "sissys" it is something that can be imperative to your very survival no matter how savvy you may think you are (and "knowledgeable" about ice conditions) because when it happens you have absolutely no chance to counteract it especially when over your head.

WOW..... That story is incredible. Certainly makes me reflect on some of the choices I have made in the past being eager to hit the ice....... Family and safety first these days. Completely agree with SK8. FLOTATION! Be safe out there.