isabell - Honestly, I never heard of a glow stick on the DR ball but I would have to think it would be an attractant. I may give this a try and report back.

What I have done recently is cover the ball in Smelly Jelly and that seems to increase your changes of a successfully outing.

I will let you know (on the green glo stick)

i have heard of people using light sticks on their downrigger balls. I suppose it would help attract salmon. Glow spoons work good in low light or early morning conditions so I don't know why glow sticks wouldnt help. maybe you could try the different colored ones, you might find that salmon prefer on color over another.

You can run your flys with a glow stick as the body instead of beads. It will glow REAL bright. Just thread a piece of clear water line tubing behind the fly head, insert the glow tube and slide the fly down over the glow stick.

isabell, I've used 6or8" light sticks when I marked fish down 180-200fow. Put the stick behind the ball and a spoon 4to6ft above it about 6ft. back and let out all the wire you dare. I cough salmon. I think I should have put a hook on the light also. Feel free to try what ever you want, if it work tell us if it doesn't forget it. Have a nice day.