Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I use the 8'3" ugly stik down rigger rod for salmon and trout. They work great off the riggers, flat lines, for short cores and short coppers (off big boards). I use the 9' for long coppers. Eagle claw Starfire 10 footers for diver rods. Although I may be upgrading those to the ugly stik 10 ft soon. It all depends on the type of rod you prefer. These are all light action rods with a lot of flex to protect light leaders just in case somebody "horses" on a fish a little too much.

Edited by BAZOOKAJOE

I love the 7' medium action older style rods. Model CAL 1100? They've gotten pretty hard to find. I do however like the new 7'6" Medium light casting rod.

First question is what kind of rod/tackle presentation works best.

1. wire dipsey

2. rigger

3. copper

4. leadcore

If you said pick 2 rods, then for sure I'd buy 2 wire dipseys, and taloras would be the best on the market.

If you said pick 4 rods, I'd say 2 wire dipseys and 2 riggers. If you don't have riggers I'd be tempted to get a 300' copper and a 7 color leadcore on inline planer boards.  Talora is again best on the market for all of these duties. 

If you said pick 6 rods, I'd say 2 wire dipseys, 2 riggers and 300' copper and 7 color leadcore on inline planers. 

For the money I don't think you can beat the Shinano TDR for riggers and Eagle Claw 10' Diver Rods.