Throwing this out there for anyone solo that wants to fish with us tomorrow. Little Crappie and I are going back out early in the AM to pull up some Kings on my Tracker. Have room for and willing to take 1 person out. Leaving the dock from Bedford at 545 AM.

PM me if interested.[

/I was Solo until about 10 minutes ago.. My Buddy's dad is going with me.. I was tempted to join you... I will hit you up on the radio..

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The fish were hot this morning. Little Crappie and I took out a fellow LOU member for some action in the trench, left the dock at 5:40AM. Set up at 6:15 and shortly after our probe rigger fires. Hooked up with our first king of the day and Wassup8687 fights it to the net perfectly. 1 in the box.

post-151421-14735276895067_thumb.jpg

Little while later our starboard dipsey gets nailed and I reeled in a nice female. 2 in the box before 7am.

post-151421-14735277463594_thumb.jpg

Trolled a while and had a miss on a rigger then got our 3rd hit on the same probe rigger. Little Crappie landed a Fiesty male. 3 in the box by 8am.

post-151421-14735278802032_thumb.jpg

Missed another one on the rigger a while after then around 9:30am the same dipsey from earlier starts screaming. Wassup8687 jumps on the rod and brought a nice hen to the net for our 4th fish in the box.

post-151421-14735279792522_thumb.jpg

Trolled till 11am with no more rods firing and headed in as the winds started to pick up at the front of this storm.

Great time today and lots of action. 4 for 6.

post-151421-14735281133798_thumb.jpg

post-151421-14735281333287_thumb.jpg

83645b764967415420891c63e876165c.jpg

post-151421-14735281603067_thumb.jpg

post-151421-14735281891777_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by FleetTracker

I can't thank FleetTracker and Little Crappie enough! We had a beautiful day on the water and they taught me many things that I'm sure will give me a better chance of getting fish in my boat.

Thanks again for the knowledge and your overwhelming generosity in taking me out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Stick with it Shawn. I've had and still have days that just don't go right. It makes the good days even better and more memorable.

Agree with Low Baller... it's not easy and there are endless small details in this style of fishing. I still learn something new every trip I take and when days don't go right I remember that there were things I learned that day and I'll be smarter on the next trip.

Godspeed.

Shawn,

Don't get frustrated, we struggled today, we kept making changes til we started catching fish. I never fired in the early primerime 1st hour and half after daylight. I think today my speed change was the part that changed our day. Sometimes 2 tenths mph can be the difference.

I had another slow day as well but did get a nice 34" northern to the kayak in the SR estuary before my knot slipped at the lure and swam away with my favorite hot n tot in its mouth as I was reaching for my camera.  I won't let the frustration get to me because I know all it takes is one good day to make all the others forgotten history.  Better fishing is still yet to come

Thanks for the encouragement fellas!! I will be out there next weekend... I am just realizing that the season is almost over and I didn't do well.. It's prime time in the Trench and I am still not doing well... I started to do really well the end of July- beginning of August but then winds/ weather changed the temperature of the lake and I haven't gotten anything going since...

I am so frustrated... Had a nice Salmon in early this morning but then it charged the boat and we lost it... That was the only action all day.. Stayed on the lake until 1230... I am starting to feel like it's not worth my time and effort anymore...

Shawn

I can totally understand your frustration! We didn't plan on going out today because the weather forecast didnt sound good so I slept in a little. Upon grtting up and talking the dog out for a walk I noticed the wind was calm and the lake in front of my house was almost as smooth as glass. I text Matt to see how the lake was and he said it was awesome out there,so I woke the boy up and got him going. We didn't make it out on the water until after 9am. Not hits on spoons or FF's again today! Second trip out this week and nothing. Atleast on Monday I had 3 releases. I dont give up though because I know it just must be something small that I'm doing wrong. I will figure it out adventually.