Shortstop and coated cable

salmonite

I have cannon mag 10s and I can't get the the shortstop to work. I have read some old threads but can't quite get my answer. My set up is as follows: I have a moor, cannons 10, blacks release below probe, new klincher from moor.

I peeled away all rigger cable to check if it was clipped into spool correctly and it looks that no cable was stripped off in there. I can not verify that thought because the cable was into the small hole very tight and couldn't remove. I did remove the Allen set screw and still wouldn't pull free. I also have no bare cable showing above my klincher.

Any suggestions?

Just re-spooled new coated cable on my Mag 10 Stx this week end. You need to Strip the cable near spool so that bare cable makes contact with the stainless bulb on spool of rigger itself so that the auto stop works, otherwise you will have to hold the switch to raise the ball.

You should not need to pull it out of the two holes holding it. just unwind the coated wire to the end and with the edge of a butter knife, scrape one side of the coating till it becomes loose from the wire then just pull it off. I scrapped off about three feet of coating which was about three revolutions of the spool. That gave me enough to contact the set screw twice. 

Also as stated above, your board could be bad and you can check it with a meter as he described. 

as for the clincher end, if your moor is working correctly I think you should be okay at that end. I have a ring that is through bolted to the clip that I attach my speed sensor to.

I've always scraped the coating off as mentioned above. I did hear of using a lighter and melting the coating off but have never tried it. Don't be afraid to give yourself a good section of bare cable. I have at least 3 wraps around my spool to ensure it makes good contact

Edited by bout time

Ok scraped it off! My question is does the Allen screw have to be screwed all the way in for it to work? If I leave it out a couple turns I get a better connection but not sure if it has to screwed all the way in to complete the connection

Im not 100% sure but leaving it out some are you not taking a chance it would work free from the steel shaft and the spool could just "free spool" ? When I had them I took another piece of bare wire sild it in the hole from the allen screw and held it in with a pice off a swim noddle...

Edited by ERABBIT