Owasco 7/17 - 7/20

On Vacation at Owasco for two weeks. Here is quick fishing report so far.

7/17 - Started trolling at first light from north end to the south. Down riggers at 90' over 120-130 with DW Mtn Dew Crush with Green flies fired quick. Had 4 lakers by the time passed Burtis Point, then bite slowed. Increased trolling speed to 2.8 - 3.0 over middle lake and rods with torpedo weights with purple FLT spoons kept hitting for the next few hours. Fleas were horrible. Moved in closer to shore in 90' and bounced some cowbells off the bottom and picked 2 more lakers. Went 10 - 12 on the lakers. Got off water when rec boaters swarmed the lake.

7/18 - Wash out with the thunderstorms.

7/19 - Fished solo and the wind really picked up. Gave up after an hour or so as it was too hard to get lines out and keep boat on corse.

7/20 - Fished solo, starting from the north end to the south end. Messed around with different depths for the first couple of hours. Marked a lot of small bait balls and fish in the top 50' water column. Trolled down the middle about half way down the lake and trolled north on the west side of the lake in 90 - 100 FOW. Still marked a lot of fish and bait balls on top so put 5 color lead core rods on planer boards and picked up a few small bows. Not sure if the thunderstorms and wind turned the lake over. 

7/24 - After some windy days, finally got back on the water. Trolled from the north end south down the middle of the lake.  Marked a lot of bait and fish in the upper 50’ of the water column but could not get any takers. Got the riggers out and went deeper, still no takers. Fleas were on the swivels and snaps, but not clogging up the line. Quit around 10:30 as the rec boaters got bad and it started getting hot. Went out in the afternoon and jigged around Burtis Point. Sweated to my butt off, but managed 3 average size lakers.

7/27 – Got on the water at first light and trolled from the north end south down the east side of the lake in the about 100 FOW as the middle had not produced for me. Quit around noon as it got hot again. Decided to go out in late afternoon and target bass. Fishing in front of large home I hear what sounds like someone hitting golf balls. I look up and this guy is hitting golf balls with a driver directly in front of me. WTF? After a heated verbal exchange, I left. Ruined the rest of the day fishing for me.

7/28 – Headed out again at first light and decided to troll from the north end south down the middle. Marked a lot of bait and fish in the upper 50’ of the water column but could not get any takers. Did not try trolling deeper than 75’. Fleas were a little thicker on the line.

Edited by On the Hook

It has to be great just to be out there solo without distractions enjoying that beautiful great little lake. Good luck out there.

• 2 weeks later...

It has to be great just to be out there solo without distractions enjoying that beautiful great little lake. Good luck out there.

Sk8man, been fishing solo a lot this year because it is getting harder to get a crew together. I enjoy the quiet time on the lake I had the last two weeks, but it is difficult to get lines out and net fish solo sometimes. 

Sounds great on the hook, I would of liked to be a bird sitting in a tree, when you got the golf balls hit at you, LOL, I bet you wtf till you figured that one out. LOL anyway congrats to your outting and the great post!!