Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fishhunter1 you will love this boat ! I have the same and can't find anything wrong with the setup. I've trolled 3 trips 8-10 hrs and only used 16 gal gas with the 3.0 . A little rocky on the big pond but fishes fingerlakes awsome. Congrats!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thank you.I have been fishing on my 18 footer with Mercury 115 four stroke on Ontario for years so this is a big stepup for me.I am quite sure I will like the Starcraft Islander hardtop very much.

Fishhunter1 you will love this boat ! I have the same and can't find anything wrong with the setup. I've trolled 3 trips 8-10 hrs and only used 16 gal gas with the 3.0 . A little rocky on the big pond but fishes fingerlakes awsome. Congrats!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

wish I could keep her on Cayuga but too many boats

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thank you.I have been fishing on my 18 footer with Mercury 115 four stroke on Ontario for years so this is a big stepup for me.I am quite sure I will like the Starcraft Islander hardtop very much.

But a set of trolling bags, if it's windy it'll blow that boat all over without bags. I also own an islander but mines a soft top

I run an 88, they're great boats. Couldn't tell from the photos but if it doesn't have trim tabs, get them. these boats get out of balance pretty easy ( I can steer mine by switching what side the boat I'm while fighting fish) Also a platform off the stern is a good idea. Next to impossible to get in from the water without a swim step. Plus it's the best place for a fish cooler. I second the bag (or bucket). Enjoy.

I had boat motor checked out before heading out on water.Marina mechanic found three cylinders at 150 which is normal but one only 50 so going to cost me some bucks to get motor either fixed or put new motor in.However I got the rig at a great price so will deal with it and end up with a super boat,motor and trailer when all is said and done!!!!!

I wanted to be safe and precheck. Sucks getting stranded on Lake Ontario or any big water when you break down out there.Owner of the motel I stay at has his own garage business also  guy who runs motel for him was a previous mechanic so they hooked up water hose to the motor and heard the missing.They ran compression check and found the bad cylinder.I dropped boat off at Marine 2000 over in Brewerton yesterday on my way back to Pa. for second opinion and repair if needed. 

Update:I had another motor put in boat and now marina mechanic ready to put new gimbal bearing in lower unit plus few other minor repairs before boat will be ready to put on lake.Sure glad I have my 18 foot boat to use till this Starcraft Islander is ready to go.  

Why?  Buyer beware as always.  The things noted are not good but could have easily been detected before the purchase.  Sometimes we want things so badly we forget about the checks and balances that should be completed.  I've walked away from many good deals because they really weren't.

I was not aware of these things wrong with boat I'm not a mechanic FYI I bought a Lund hardtop for 11k I fished on this boat a handful of times and I just had to put a new motor in that did I trash mouth anybody no I didn't I bought as is I've got 5k into a new motor but again never said anything or blamed anyone end of rant boat runs good now I'm happy so to all you guys that have things to **** you

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United