Pro/Am information

First timer, be gentle. How do I submit entry fees for the events? Where and what time is the Captain's meeting scheduled for Oswego? Anyone have a phone # for the Oswego marina where I can get a transitional weekend slip? Thanks in advance.

Fuzz

Ok, they are NO help at the county office. No credit cards. When I try to down load the application on the pro/am site all I get is spam and a flashing screen. There has to be a better way.

Wish I would have seen this post earlier....had the wife do our walk in this morning....we could have signed your team up for you and run your cc.....hope you were able to work it out.

Thanks, Rod but it doesn't look like we are going unless Landshark drove the two hours for the walk through. I have to say, the current logistical format for signing up is not really well thought out IMO. First, why not allow same day sign-ups on the day of the Captain's meeting ESPECIALLY when your website has been under construction and goes to **** on the day of a deadline......I can't pull up their site anymore! Somewhere in big print deadlines need to be posted for first timers (live and learn I guess).

One of the reasons is because they want to get all the observers lined up for the meeting, so it does not last into the night. It becomes a hassle to get observers lined up so everyone is out the same marina as their own team. It takes a lot of work from all those on the board. Hope you got in.

Rich

Gill.....If shark didn't make it, call and email Dave first thing to see if they will make an exception and let you sign up tomorrow. With the website confusion, I think it's understandable and they want as many teams as they can get, right? I can even stop by ask in person if need be. I know you guys are pumped to get in this and I'd hate to see ya miss it if at all poss.

I will be in Oswego tomorrow. If you need, I can stop by for you and get you signed up if it's okay with the folks in charge. You can call me with the info and I can run a credit card through my business and use the cash for your entry.

If that works, call my cell @ 610-217-4516 and we can get it done for you.

If not......get that Sodus one sent and we'll see you in Sodus.

go anyway. it sounds like you planned your limited free time around it so go and fish and meet some new fishing partners..play cards drink beer and have fun.you're all probably entered in the l.o.c. summer derby anyways so at least your still in a derby. who knows maybe fate will get you a 32 pounder....

Ok, I was using a backslash in Pro/Am and that was the problem in the link. I got the forms I need for Sodus. I will check with Oswego again tommorow. Looking at the forms I see a space for "Docked at", I assume they want a slip number. Does anyone have the phone #'s for the marinas in question. What if there are no transitional slips available, what do I put on the form?

I would start with calling Dave first thing in the am, if he ok's your entry, then get the slip and call him back with the info. I have another friend that is doing the same thing tomorrow, he did not realize that the cut off date was today. Can't hurt to try, Good Luck.

Rich

Like Rich said....call Dave first thing in the morning. I emailed him on your behalf today, explaining what happened. I have every confidence it'll go through but ONLY if you call early and take the necessary steps.

There are usually plenty of slips available. Wrights Landing is probably your best bet.

Good luck!

Paul

Okay.....got your pm, and we have two options as I see it.

1....I'm leaving Pa by 11...should be to Oswego by 3:30 and I will go strait there

OR

Wife is at Jellystone in Mexico and she could get it done earlier in the day for us, but she'd have to break down the RV.... and she'd do it, but I'd definitly get a little slack over it. She's a trooper though and she will pull through for you if Dave want's it there before the later part of the day.

Lastly.....can someone find out what time the office is open till ??

Get back to me as to how ya wanna proceed and I'll check back in a little bit. Looks like we can get this done though :lol: