Ruff Rider Sodus Live Report 2016 Aug 19-21

Nice video/write up of the GO7. looking into also....

thanks,

jetsled

It's a nice unit. The only button I miss is one to drop a waypoint. I'm really going to miss that. It takes three taps now to drop a waypoint.

Thanks Nick for the video and update! Great help with deciding on the different Simrads. Got me second guessing the extra cash for the NSS EVO. I tried the tablet we have, an Acer A 500, and it is too dim in sunlight with the navionics HD app. I need to find one more visible, but at least 10 or 12 inch screen. The MiFi works great with it though, and like you demonstrated, it's handy for any Internet chore. I need one to be a little more robust, since it's on a center console with a T top. The only real plus to the Evo is the screen size and the brightness. Screen size is covered in the tablet as your setup works. Just would need more visibility, especially when it is mounted on the console in bright conditions and a white interior.

Mark

Sent from my SM-N900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's a rainy, windy, miserable day. No one went out that I heard of. Hopefully, this windy weather will pass by as next week we are up for our annual fishing vacation!

I did get the new GO7 and tablet install nearly finished.https://youtu.be/9IGG7V3eTfY5ddefccc5e86dc3c45d6948cf3dde253.jpg6ff0919d3e54a380171826dac3a8b9ed.jpg3de138435141b0dab7e37e75f1b1452d.jpg

I updated the GO7 firmware and that took care of the GoFree app issue I was having. The install took forever, mostly due to there not being an easy way to run wires from the helm to the electrical panel downstairs.

I still have two problems. The first is my autopilot isn't working quite right. It wasn't holding position on the troll. I had disconnected the ground for the pilot for a bit, but I'm not sure why that would matter. We went through the seatrial calibration again yesterday and I did move the new power cable away from the pilot's compass wires, so hopefully that helps.

The second issue is I ran an nmea2000 cable from the GO7 to the SeatalkNG input on the sportpilot, but the sportpilot doesn't seem to be getting the data. The instructions for both units are pretty terrible, but I need to keep digging to see if I missed a way to turn NMEA200 out on for the GO7 or the SeatalkNG data on for the sportpilot.

I did use the GO7 fishing yesterday and medium CHIRP was pretty awesome. It showed a lot more detail than my previous finder. The chart is cluttered and I need to figure out how to dumb it down a bit so the maps aren't showing a million things.

does this mean reports every day this week?.

Thanks Nick for the video and update! Great help with deciding on the different Simrads. Got me second guessing the extra cash for the NSS EVO. I tried the tablet we have, an Acer A 500, and it is too dim in sunlight with the navionics HD app. I need to find one more visible, but at least 10 or 12 inch screen. The MiFi works great with it though, and like you demonstrated, it's handy for any Internet chore. I need one to be a little more robust, since it's on a center console with a T top. The only real plus to the Evo is the screen size and the brightness. Screen size is covered in the tablet as your setup works. Just would need more visibility, especially when it is mounted on the console in bright conditions and a white interior.

Mark

Yeah my hardtop blocks a lot of direct sun. I looked at the lumens of tablets and it looks like the Samsung Galaxys have some of the brightest screens. There have to be some specialty tablets out there with high lumens as well, I just haven't looked too hard yet.

Yeah my hardtop blocks a lot of direct sun. I looked at the lumens of tablets and it looks like the Samsung Galaxys have some of the brightest screens. There have to be some specialty tablets out there with high lumens as well, I just haven't looked too hard yet.

Yeah, I think the the Seal 8 from BAK in Buffalo might be a brighter screen for outdoor use and is a rugged unit, but think it is only an 8 inch. Not sure if it comes with a larger screen yet. It's very new to the market. Haven't seen much online about it.

• Like 1