Anyone launched out of PY lately

I was just down there today. I launched my boat and my friends got in it at the dock. After I parked and walked to the boat I was shocked at how much the water level had dropped. Anytime you have to climb down a couple of feet to get in the boat, you better make alternate plans. We decided to put the boat back on the trailer and drove to Canandaigua.  It might be safe, but I wasn't going to try it.

My boat is a 16.5' alumacraft. When we retrieved it yesterday, I could not winch the boat all the way up to the front roller because the water was so low and the angle so steep that the bow dipped below the roller. I had to leave about a foot distance between the roller and the point of the bow, drive the car up slowly  and then winch it all the way up.  I have done this before with this boat at the Penn Yann launch and it works because the boat is light. If I was by myself and had an 18' or larger boat, I would not use this ramp. The state ramp on the other branch would be a much better choice.

My boat is a 16.5' alumacraft. When we retrieved it yesterday, I could not winch the boat all the way up to the front roller because the water was so low and the angle so steep that the bow dipped below the roller. I had to leave about a foot distance between the roller and the point of the bow, drive the car up slowly and then winch it all the way up. I have done this before with this boat at the Penn Yann launch and it works because the boat is light. If I was by myself and had an 18' or larger boat, I would not use this ramp. The state ramp on the other branch would be a much better choice.

State park would be a better choice if doing it by yourself for sure.. But we launched in Penn Yan twice with a 22 ft boat no problem but there was also 2 of us..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app