Super fisherman

I own a 2007 Superfisherman - awesome boat.  Tough enough to handle big water but sized right to make trailering easy anywhere you want to go.  I've never had any problems with mine.

I have a 2001 176 superfisherman. I like it a lot, only real drawback is if you troll a lot in crappy weather the back deck area may be a pain. One of my riggers is set a little back and its somewhat harder to work with when choppy out. Rigger is set back further due to canopy suppost. Also netting fish you need a longer net handle to get to the fish.

But it is a compromise as I fish smaller lakes and perch fair amount also.

22 minutes ago, dukhnter8 said:

I have a 2001 176 superfisherman. I like it a lot, only real drawback is if you troll a lot in crappy weather the back deck area may be a pain. One of my riggers is set a little back and its somewhat harder to work with when choppy out. Rigger is set back further due to canopy suppost. Also netting fish you need a longer net handle to get to the fish.

But it is a compromise as I fish smaller lakes and perch fair amount also.

I see you posted this as I was doing my one fingered typing. So would you suggest getting a base so my riggers could be run forward in the tracks rather than in the base behind the tracks. What wind conditions tell you to stay home.

17 minutes ago, King Slammin said:

I set mine up with two 36" and two 12" tracks on each side. Moved the canopy rail in about 1.5" on each side to accommodate track. I rarely use the canopy anyway.

IMG_1485182236.881779.thumb.jpg.c5bc0c04IMG_1485182265.059518.thumb.jpg.85182415

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If I redid mine this what I would do. Mainly use the canopy when the wife is with me (she likes to fish so I deal with the canopy)otherwise I think its in the way and don't use it much.

For fishing Erie I have to watch west/sw winds. Ontario depends on where you launch. I have been out in 3-4 ft waves and felt ok but that is probably pushing it. It also depends on the wave frequency (distance between waves).