Starcraft or Alumacraft?

seadragon

Yes, I have a minn kota trolling motor with a remote control and the chairs from the pack can be put in the front so I can sit down and cast from the bow. if I am fishing for bass or pike and in a lake then I take the riggers and tree off in 5 minutes. Also when we are water skiing, wake boarding or tubing. I can convert the boat to a bass boat in 5 minutes with the Bert's track system. 1 alan head screw and slide the stuff off.

Thanks Karmakaze!   Do you ever cast out of the front of the boat?   Can you reach the water in the back to wash off your hands?

Im on my second Starcraft Fishmaster 196. I sold the first one after I convinced myself I wasn't using it enough to keep it. A year later I missed it so much that I searched hi and low for a replacement. I ended up buying one from a fellow near Montreal.

Anyway, I fish a fair amount by standing on the open bow and casting lures, or dragging bait. That setup works even better with the addition of a bow mounted trolling motor.

I'm 6' tall, and I can reach the water over the side. Mostly get just the fingertips, but its those high gunnels that keep the boat dry when on the move, and make a great platform to mount rod holders and downriggers.

Good luck on your search !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's clear the fish master is the better big lake boat.   The Trophy seems better setup for bass fishing as you can reach the water front and back for lipping fish and washing hands.   Maybe lists less because of smaller dead rise but just speculating.   Do love the ride in the starcraft which is second to none among aluminum boats.   decisions decisions....   

Thanks King Slammin!   I have a 180 SuperFisherman and love it as well.   Looking for something a little bigger and sadly they do not make a 196 any longer.    The STX is a possibility but research tells me you need at least a 200hp in order to resell the boat.    I personally don't need to go 50MPH and the extra cost for the Verado is significant $6K.   

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a Fishmaster 196 couple days ago. Hoping to get her home within week and a half...... Karakazee does your Verado troll down to 2mph?? I have a kicker but was thinking of selling it off not needed. Hard to get the 4th rigger on with a kicker

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On April 9, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Jeremy Goodison said:

I just ordered a Fishmaster 196 couple days ago. Hoping to get her home within week and a half...... Karakazee does your Verado troll down to 2mph?? I have a kicker but was thinking of selling it off not needed. Hard to get the 4th rigger on with a kicker

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What kind of kicker? Might be interested 

Yes, My Verado will troll at 1.4 to 1.6 mph.... but I prefer to use the 9.9 pro kicker because I figured it out that I only burn a gallon or less an hour when trolling. When the lake is rough I have to use the Verado because it is a pain in the butt to steer the boat in 3 to 4 foot waves. The Verado prop is deeper and easier when it is rough out. I love my boat. Hitting the lake on Thursday to bust some browns and lakers in the shallows. Bite is on!

I have 4 riggers on my boat with extended booms..... they are on the starboard and port sides and nothing down the middle. I have a track system n the middle with rod holders and a tree for spoons and the needle nose. I run wingers on my forward riggers and that keeps them away from each other great. I included a photo of the transom, port side and the bimini top. I paid an extra $900 for what I call the bikini top so it blocks the sun out when I am fishing. The rod holder on the front port side is where I run my wire dipsey 10 foot rod with the Berts ratching holder so I just pull it up and lift the rod straight out. Those pics were from last year on my boat.

bikini top.jpg

port side of boat.jpg

rear of boat.jpg