HOT Topics

Quick Links

New York State Fishing

Upcoming Events

Major Haul

Olcott 5/18

6 posts in this topic

Olcott 5/18

We had 5 boats from Maine here this week starting Sunday. Fishing has been very slow for all the boats. Usually just a couple fish each boat/day.  Today all boats were out and only 1 small king was caught.  Yesterday we had our best day with 8 fish in my 

boat. 2 steelhead, 2 browns, and 4 lakers.  Lots of bait in the 50 to 60 fow.  The steelies were caught on 4 color lead core and purple gators and sodus buckeye.  The couple kings were caught on purple spoons and a green up spoon off the dypsy.  1 king was off the 250 copper and a green uv spoon.     The west wind has warmed the water up a lot since Sunday and the bait does seem to be setting up good. Highlight was a 15.5 lb brown caught by Fish Hunter in 8.5 fow on a mooselook spoon. Slowest spring fishing I can remember in over 30 yrs.

20170517_093314.jpg

6803.jpeg

Nice brown!!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Olcott 5/18 We had 5 boats from Maine here this week starting Sunday. Fishing has been very slow for all the boats. Usually just a couple fish each boat/day.  Today all boats were out and only 1 small king was caught.  Yesterday we had our best day with 8 fish in my 
boat. 2 steelhead, 2 browns, and 4 lakers.  Lots of bait in the 50 to 60 fow.  The steelies were caught on 4 color lead core and purple gators and sodus buckeye.  The couple kings were caught on purple spoons and a green up spoon off the dypsy.  1 king was off the 250 copper and a green uv spoon.     The west wind has warmed the water up a lot since Sunday and the bait does seem to be setting up good. Highlight was a 15.5 lb brown caught by Fish Hunter in 8.5 fow on a mooselook spoon. Slowest spring fishing I can remember in over 30 yrs.
20170517_093314.thumb.jpg.fb7dcd03ea2a2013e4e85933d30df820.jpg
6803.thumb.jpeg.98e557a24b6c4a2241626bedda88a5a6.jpeg

That steelhead doesn't look all so healthy!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have caught a lot of Browns with lamprey marks. Caught one with two six inch ones still hanging on!