which one is longer

I would always set the higher line out further.. My logic has always been that if a fish comes upo for the bottom line and doesn't take it.. YOu have the higher line trailing a little further behind to get a 2nd chance..

Sorry, but I can't agree with always having the high line furthest out. Number of ex. fixed cheaters or free sliders, get picked off thus telling you the fish are aggresive and will come into the spread. Having a so-called high line running it further back will in fact get caught on occasion by an aggresive target that takes off for the other side of the boat. We have all had it happen. Running a tail gunner such as a S.W.R. off the deepest rigger has triggered many strikes from targets who come into the spread, then dropping both down and back, thus picking off this trailer. So my point being there are times to run the highest line furthest out, and times when the opposite is true- Duane -HeavenBound

I have had too many fish grab the low line then tangle the top line on their way past and almost never run the top line further back unless I am spread at least 25' in depth, which I seldom am. I usually run the top line at 2/3 to 3/4 the length of the line below it and am spread 8' to 12' in depth when stacking two. I have been known to shorten them up and run them 5' fow apart if tripling.

I run what the majority here does as well. On occasion the fish will run into the top line, but you just pull that rod. Never had a major problem. I run fairly long too. 40 ft. lead on bottom. 25 on top. Works well. Tank

it also depends on how deep ur running them, if your running in the top 50 fow than i would run them alittle farther back ! but down around the 100 mark 10-12 foot lead on the lower and 6-8 lead with 6 to ten foot apart if you mupping them !