Grenadier Island Walleye 6/14

jcmgt

Grenadier Island Walleye 6/14

We have been staying at a camp on Grenadier Island for the past 20years.  Pretty familiar with the water, know the area for pike/bass/musky.  Have not done well with walleye, don't see them, and don't see many folks fishing for them in the area.  We have tried harnesses at night by the Canadian bridge without success.

Due to license and customs, we will stay on the Canadian side. 

Is there hope for getting walleye local to Grenadier Island  without a hour boat ride?  General location is fine .. and perhaps hints on methods would be great.  Will be there this weekend for a few days.

I did look for a few minutes, did not see topics with Grenadier / rockport in the subject lines.

Thank you in advance,

- john

I have never fished that area of the river..... However, I just looked at grenadier on my navionics app.... Certainly looks like an area that would hold eyes!!

Jigging, trolling, and bottom bouncing work well for catching eyes on the river.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I haven't fished the Canadian side in that area but they catch them at Chippewa Point and I've caught them just up river from there on the US side near the channel. LllI'm sure they are present throughout the river. As EsoxAC3 said lots of ways to catch them but finding them, controlling the boat in the current and fishing at night are all keys. I'd concentrate on 25-50 fow on shelfs along drop offs with current. Water around Grenadier isn't as deep and has less current than areas I tend to fish. I like to troll so I can cover more water and hit more spots to locate active fish. I generally am fishing close to the US shipping channel.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United