Church Boards, leadcore & Copper

I have a couple church boards that I might take salmon fishing with me next week question is I have a 10 color leadcore and a copper setup my buddy is letting me borrow. How much copper and leadcore have you guys ran off of a church board without any issues. I think the copper my buddy is letting me borrow is 450 of copper. How do you rig the boards and with what release, I assume you let them slide down after a fish hits? Do most guys connect the line to the backing after letting out however much line. Any tips on running these boards for salmon would be helpful. My other alternative is just run one or the other down the chute with no boards.

Thanks

I have run up to 15 colors off church boards. Clip the board to the backing, if the pad is in good shape it will hold good- you don't want the board to release and slide down the lead core. Weeds are a big hassle to deal with, there is so much reeling ! Also you will probably have to figure out a strategy for letting out the core w/out getting fouled in your dipsy rigs.

You can run the core off the side with the in-liner. No problem. If you haven't already, I run a splice of heavier mono app. 40# test between the braided line and the core itself. This helps the pinch pads off the Church to grab better. If you are pinching to the briad instead, you may need to wrap the braid once around the end of the pad as to where you are pinching it twice. To keep from slipping. Then simply run your copper down the shoot. As far as setting the core over the dipseys, simply let it out straight behind the boat, apply board then let it swing out over the diver. You'll be fine-

I run a 400 copper off Church boards. It won't run on the starboard board but the port board works great. Both boards are set the same but the right just pulls strait back while the left shoots out and runs true. This is with spoons, not flasher/fly. I loop the power pro backing through the clip so it won't slide or pull out.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Has anyone used the Offshore SST boards?, I have a ton of the yellow ones but the newer orange ones are geard toward Salmon fishing, different releases etc.

Jekyll or anyone else, do you slide the keel weight in the church board to get it to ride better with all the weight behind it.