oswego thurs

PRETTY SLOW lots of marks in 70 ft water 30ft down just off the light house.picked a bigboy in there fought it for 15min before pulling hook. ran to mexice bay and got 1 20lbr 120 on the wire thats all.lots of whining on the radio 99% of the boats got skunked today,flat and sunny great for buffy weather.

Just got back from Catfish ...........wire was hot for a lot of guys we only ran it hard yesterday from 11:00 am till 4 pm. 210' feet out with a sliver 10" BTI sliver meat head and two red fly's on the leader. The word was out that a pro-troll in chrome with a sliver fly was on fire most of the week on wire. We heard that news back at the dock talking to a guy the went to 7 tackle shops looking for them because he only had one left. I had one on my boat and made his day when I offer it to him..................here's my last fish of the season:

Copyof2008ontario052.jpg

ray if you go to mex bay again take a direct line from the salmon river to 9 mile when u reach 138 fow u'll see it drop pretty quickly to 155 that little bit of structure was holding a lot of fish last weekend...find the 50 to 55 degree which was about 80 to 104 down...fish usually stay around that structure until they head up the river....hope this helps and good luck

fishman08 the temp was changing from day to day up there you had to use the probe every day to find the break. We got there on the 19th and the temp break was 105' down the salmon were hitting in the warm stuff out of temp for a few days there was a 100' of 72* water all over. Then as the cold water moved into the 70' FOW the temp was at 55' down but deeper out over a 160' of water,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i was there from the 22 through the 24 and yes we heard the temps changed inside near the pack but out by us the temp stayed constant...then again our cannon has been acting up so who knows if i was reading the right temp but this spot has produced fished every year since the 80's when my dad chartered out there seems the fish just stick around that piece of sturcture

haha ya ya i know theres fish everywhere...just stating the fact that when temp is everywhere and the fish are being pressured that hard that if you slide out side and find a little bit of structure like that there will be fish around them even though its out deeper and temp is screwy

Matt that is where i got the fish .Had a canadian fisherman from catfish turn me on to the spot a few years back.It shows up real good on the bathometery site. Problem was the 100 other boats working that area till noon then they thined out and me and liq.plummer worked it a couple times he hooked up there also.I even tried the 70ft line in front of catfish with only 2 releases.

ah i see and last week we had the spot to our self as everyone was inside of the area, another area that doesn't show up on that site is near 9 mile, i've lost the way points but you'll see the fish doctor fishing this area in about 120 fow past cat fish towards 9 mile, there is a bunch of structure there that always holds fish but unforchantly this spot is not easy to find and the only way to find it is to see if ernie is in their fishing it. ie his lil honey hole to find big kings! good luck to all this weekend and catch a 40 pounder for god's sake!

Ray you should have tried in tighter our best line was in the 45' range from the Catfish area to the bouy line in front of the plant. We were picking up fish off the bottom with the riggers and the dipsies. Chrome E-chip with hammer fly was our best. Tried others the only one that came close was a white and silver R&R assassin with a mirage fly. Lost that one when the currents did the catch the other line and twist till they break off game. :? Had a good 2 weeks in selkirk shores.