final for the LOC 2008 fall derby

motoman

ok now its the day after and im really confuzied , instead of getting bumped down , it seems we moved up the board , and the loc derby is not picking up the phone ummmm 2nd place is better than 3rd unless we had too be there ! was anyone from here at the awards yesterday ?

called all day no one home ! maybe they got the money and left town................. that would be my luck , lol but hey atleast id still be able too say i kicked ray"s AZZ all year !!! infact i bet he"s happy i did"nt make it too the pro ams , the poor old guy would probley quit fishin ;( ! oxox with love brother :lol:

Two second place finishers failed to show at the awards ceremony so they were disqualified. And yes I was out of the office yesterday, I am trying to collect all the tickets so I can verify winners and finalize the leaderboard, which should be done this week. All checks will be mailed by Monday or Tuesday of next week. Thanks to all who participated and to all the people at the weigh-in stations and registration outlets.

Dave Chilson

LOC Derby

Gill one thing could be to confirm the fish, as the weighstations make the call as to type of fish.couple years back i almost had to argu with a kid from jellystone that my 27lb king was not a steelhead ,he insisted cause it was silver it was a steelie.Plus the photos are good PR in the loc derby paper.I would drive a few hundred miles if nessasary for 1000.00 ,2500.00 ,or 20,000.00 bucks with a smile.

Gill,

As Ray stated, one reason is the misidentification. Two times fish have been disqualified at the awards ceremony for that very reason.

We took a one year hiatus on the polygrapher to work out some technical issues and that will return in 2009, so they must be present.

I only require that 9 winners and their witness show up. At the bottom of the fish sheet is says, "Overall winners, first and second place division winnters and their witnesses are REQUIRED to attend MUST bring their fish." It states the same in the rules. Is that confusing?

If there is a problem about attending calling me right before or the next day after the awards ceremony will NOT get it straightend out. If you leave me no time to make other arraingements and the winner and fish are out of state, THEN I am notified, what does one expect me to do?!

We take pictures and there are outdoor writers getting the individual stories for press releases. We are capturing the event in high definition video for future advertising, outdoor show promotions, and a video archive to be hopefully published on the web soon. This material is paramount in promoting and growing the derby so the requirement to attend will continue to be mandatory.

Attending an awards ceremony is NOT a bad thing. Most people have fun, eat free food and I write big checks and give them trophies. I guess if you enter you are going to have to take into account you just might win.

Dave Chilson

LOC Derby

Dave,

I understand the rules & why they are in place. It is what it is and we know them going in.

My question is; When there is a dq at the ceremony, do you move everyone up in the money awards, or just the overall standings? I'm curious because it would seem to me a lower fish that was not present at the ceremony would no more qualify than a higher fish that was not at the ceremony....same thing really except one was "required" and one was not. how does that work?

Seems like a dq is a dq. Maybe take the $$ from that position and put it towards the next derby (like the lottery). Maybe that's a way to build the prize structure over the lower places? Grand prize is nice, but beyond second place could use some real improvement! Maybe that's a way to build the pot. Just a thought for upcoming years, and probably a stupid one at that. Thought I'd make mention anyway ;)

Regardless, thanks and keep up the good work! We appreciate all your hard work.

hey rod are you out of you mind ! everyone moves up , i see redline got back on the bourd into 20th lol , thats too bad ! but it"s a good rule , says on the sheet grand prize 1st and 2nd place ! must be there , ? for you rod if you had one of those places would ya have been there ?

Moto, I'm Not sure I'm in a position to answer as to myself being out of my mind....suppose it's possible, but I'm a little bias. Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate it and I'll have that looked into.

In hind sight, I should have put my question under it's own topic. I see how you could have taken it personal, but that was not my intent. Other than that, I think I was pretty clear with my thought & question.

lmao ,,,, Rod ur right on the lower spots not paying much , just at this point of time , where the ones that are getting the bump and the extra loot so now instead of 3rd and making nothing after exspense , we mite make a few dollars , but nothing too write home about , and id agree with ya for 2009 , and for you losing ur mind muskie bob mite be the one too talk too heard he"s cut a lot of fish heads open ! you can maybe get a good deal from him , i know he did all rays head work and check him out hes fine ! :roll: