slide divers with different types of line

Hi all,

last summer was the first time i ever trolled and i had a blast learning a few of the basics. i did use slide divers with a little success when i was running 20 lb monofilament. Then i switched over to braided line (less stretch) and i couldn't get my slide divers to "hold in place" - they would slide down to the swivel even without being released.

Have ya'll had that problem?

any ideas how i can stick with the braided line and keep the slider where it's supposed to be (until a fish strikes at least!)

thanks,

andre

Andre, that is a common problem with Braids and slide divers. Before you clamp the lever down on the piece of surgical tubing rotate it 90 deg then clamp it down. Should take care of your slippage. Personally I run a mono leader of about 50 foot after the Braid and clamp on that. I like the mono leader as it acts some what like a snubber behind a dipsy.

Glen

• 3 weeks later...

Ken I use real tiny barrel swivels to join the lines. I wanna say size 8's or 10's.

Just checked as I'm respooling up for the season and the ones I have here are #8 Spros. They are 50 lb test that I use on the big lake. On the Fingers I'm pretty sure I used to use 10's. Anyway I use a polymer knot for the braid to the swivel and a regular cinch knot on the mono. Never had any issues.

Good luck

Glen

• 3 weeks later...