We were excited to fish the last tournament of they year at the Oak only to find out about 8am that there were only 3 boats entered. So they canceled the tourney. Kinda hard to believe with the amount of traffic that was out there. I'm talking 40-50 boats.

Anyway, we started off in about 75' and the screen progressively got better as we trolled on a NE heading. Once we hit 150-200 we could see all the big guys chillin down 125-150 in the water column. I'm thinkin......here's my program! Well, these guys weren't moving and didn't want to eat. We were about to head offshore when we got the call about the cancellation, so we figured that would be a waste of gas. So, instead we figured we would go in and look for BT's. We started in 30' and worked out to 100 with pee warm water. Never found less than 60 degrees and that was on the bottom on 125. So we headed back to port on a 200-300 fow troll. We set up for Kings again and WHAM! The 350 diver on a 1.5 takes off with a black Spinny/A-TOM-MIK Hammer fly. Just a juvee...10-12lbs. We would end up taking two skippies the rest of the day and pulled rods around 1:30.

Sounded like a tough bite out there on this particular day. Only a couple of fish taken in the inside waters, and you had to be on a pod of fish offshore to get them going. Anyway, the screen looked good and it should be long before those fish make their way to the tribs around here in numbers.

It looks like the turn out from the oak boats in that tourny have been disappointing. Out of the 16 boats that entered in august, I think about 6 were from sandy. That's pretty good considering that sandy has far fewer boats than the oak.

Talk to ya later