Perch bite still on

Kevin J Legg

What do you do when you see hundreds of perch, small and good size, under a dock in about 10 feet of crystal clear water and not one wants to bite? I put worms and even gulp right in front of their mouths where I could see the exact reactions and nothing bit. They just ignored my presentations. Very frustrating. This was in Seneca lake.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:00 PM, paman said:

What do you do when you see hundreds of perch, small and good size, under a dock in about 10 feet of crystal clear water and not one wants to bite? I put worms and even gulp right in front of their mouths where I could see the exact reactions and nothing bit. They just ignored my presentations. Very frustrating. This was in Seneca lake.

I was at Seneca Saturday, and at first had the same problem.  I noticed a HUGE school of shiner, I mean millions of them.  Figured they'd rather eat free minnows, so I switched to nighcrawlers, and did get a few.  Had to move to a different spot, then came back to the original spot and got a couple.  Sometimes, if you can see them, they can see you and are real hard to catch.

I was walking my dogs at Fair Haven this morning and saw more perch in one spot than i could even believe. Mostly small but plenty of decent ones. Quite a few lmb there as well. They were tight to the wall on the lake side where the wall meets the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 2:05 PM, hossenlopp said:

I was at Seneca Saturday, and at first had the same problem.  I noticed a HUGE school of shiner, I mean millions of them.  Figured they'd rather eat free minnows, so I switched to nighcrawlers, and did get a few.  Had to move to a different spot, then came back to the original spot and got a couple.  Sometimes, if you can see them, they can see you and are real hard to catch.

2 or 4 lbs vanish or florline makes a big difference in clear water

• Like 1