NAFC Finger Lakes Meet

ERABBIT

NAFC Finger Lakes Meet

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Frankwood got here around 1:30 pm we BS for a few minutes then decided to go fishing. The wind had picked up now and most boat were coming off the water Not going on. We ran into the waves for about 4 miles north of Lodi Point and set up and trolled south. Frank hook up and landed a 22" laker after about 20 minutes so we were off to a good start. Thing slowed down some what and we had 4 fish in the box by the time we got back to Lodi Point. I thought we would troll a little south of the point then make a pass back up. As we were working back in a boat came out of the launch area and started setting up on a collision course with us. I said let him have the area we would turn out over deeper water work back north the slide back in WAY behind him. As we made the turn and headed north the HOT rigger fired that had boxed all 4 fish so far. Frank got on it but it was running at the boat and he thought that it got off. Long story short it jumpped one time behind the boat and then got off. It should have been a landlock salmon or a rainbow not sure. We got that rigger back down and started south again and the inside rigger fired I grabbed that one and it was a NICE one we boated and now only needed one more to get a two man limit of lakers. Before we could get that fish out of the net the outside rigger fired and Frank got the one we needed to BUST Pete's you know what. What we didn't know was that Pete was in the launch wondering if were may have been into fish. We got a little wet and beat up some from the waves but we're off to a good start and have plenty of fish for a fish fry now!!!!!! I should thank those guys for pushing us out of our trolling lane and into a nice pocket of fish...........

2008ontario001.jpg

And GOOD OLE Pete took this picture for us:

2008ontario002.jpg

Then we told him that we saw him on the shore but was NOT going in till we got OUR limit..............LOL.........

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Round two for Frank and I , oh ya Pete also....................after a good meal by Frank this morning we hit the water at 8:30 am or so. Set up right out in front to work the area we stop at last night. Water down temp was very warm the north wind had brought a pile of warm water from the north part of the lake but I worked down past where we picked up some and to the next good spot in that area. We hit a good pile of bait down on the bottom in 110' of water. I dropped the center rigger right down tight to the bottom and that rod started to throb with a fish. I popped it free from the release and landed a dink laker. Frank and I both gave Pete a COLD stare.............I pulled up the rigs and ran south and across the lake hoping for a better temp on that side. We did fare over there slow but we boat and boxed 4 fish. Frank landed a laker Pete boxed a nice rainbow and I landed a laker and a small salmon. We had about 5 hits that we didn't hook up on and Frank lost one soon after hook up. We came off the water around three Pete and I took care of the boat and fish and good ole Frank went down to his camp and cooked us up a London broil ,fries and string beans Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! Ole Pete was nice enough to leave ONE VERY SMALL piece for poor Gracie.

Pete's rainbow if you look close you can see where he tried to RIP the lips off it THREE TIMES even after I yelled at him TWO TIMES no darn bass hook set Geshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

2008ontario004.jpg

Copyof2008ontario004.jpg

The days catch...............

2008ontario007.jpg

The clown's with the days catch.........LOL

2008ontario006.jpg

The two bonus fish................

2008ontario008.jpg

Well no nappy for Pete today so he will be tough to fish with in the am BUT we did get to the ICECREAM STORE>>>>>>>>>>

The next time out we were down to 4 fish total with Pete just getting a dink here is the two Frank and I boxed.

2008ontario011.jpg

Then we got into some bad weather wind, rain so I smoked up some salmon Pete had in a brine from our salmon trip.

Copyof2008ontario053.jpg

Copyof2008ontario049.jpg

Copyof2008ontario052.jpg

We got a call from Chuck that he was on his way with his son Byron and we were on the lake fishing till they got there..............you will have to talk to Arv about this I ended up calling him two times some how........................LOL.............anyway Byron hooked and landed two lakers and his dad Chuck got one.

Byron working his first one in..............

2008ontario178.jpg

2008ontario179.jpg

Chuck fish........................

2008ontario181.jpg

I took them out again and this time Chuck wanted to try for pike we didn't hook a thing , most of my pike gear was not in the boat I just didn't put it back in after I stripped every thing out for the salmon trip...................

Susan and Celeste show up and I only got them out in the boat one time with Celeste landing a laker that her mom cooked up for her dinner that night.

Heading out to find some fish..............

2008ontario066.jpg

Celeste with her first laker....................

2008ontario070.jpg

2008ontario071.jpg

as you can see I didn't let Pete net it................

2008ontario072.jpg

2008ontario073.jpg

2008ontario075.jpg

Then the Boyz from OhiO show up and we get out on the water one time.................

2008ontario089.jpg

2008ontario090.jpg

Big Dog hooks up with a HOG after a few minutes the line breaks or the fish bit thru it. Here he is telling 101 reasons why he lost that fish............

2008ontario155.jpg

after working that area and north of it I start trolling back across the lake because it's getting close to meal time. After we were more than half way across and over 470 feet of water the rigger down 81' pops with a fish and Aaron takes it...............

2008ontario158.jpg

He then tells Big Dog to watch how it's done................

2008ontario159.jpg

Then into the net it goes (Pete was on shore so it was easy to net it)...............

2008ontario160.jpg

2008ontario161.jpg

2008ontario162.jpg

.............back on land a hand shake for a GOOD time................

2008ontario164.jpg

The young TooT one more time with his fish..................

2008ontario165.jpg

and the group....................

Copyof2008ontario140.jpg

I got back out again today 9-23-2008 worked the east side and picked up two lakers down 115' over 124' of water. Ran into weeds so I moved across lake and fished south water temp was differnt on this side. Picked up 6 more small lakers one sub-legal salmon and a 15.5" perch 87' down with a dodger peanut...........................

2008ontario189.jpg

Holy Perch!!

I am gonna start pulling peanuts and dodger.

What color dodger? What size? What color peanut?

My wife caught a huge Canandaigua perch a couple years ago

in her canoe but released it no pic but she first thought it was a bass since it was so big.

No perch today.......... :lol:

Fished west side good chop out of the south surface temp. 65.8* down temp changed as I trolled north. Picked up a 17" rainbow,19" landlock and a small laker from 8:30am till 12:45...............rainbow and landlock on a clean spoon fishing temp. break and the laker on a dodger peanut down 81'.