Sorry didn't get the chance to post earlier.  

Fleas - they were a horror show until the last two days when they seemed to lighten up. Wire, 30 lb mono, downrigger cables all choked with them

7/9 - 90'-115'  6-6 5 kings 12-18 and 1 steelie - (chrome two face spinnie/stud best) 50-80 down

7/10 - 75'-115' 9-13 -  2 browns (11 and 12 lbs) 1 steel, 6 kings - spoons a mix but flashers best - chrome/mirage, two face/glow stud

7/11 - 450'-510' - 17-23  12 kings 8-19 lbs and 5 steelie's 3-7 lbs  25-70 down - spoons - sea sick (gold/silver), 42nd (gold/silver), two face - flashers - sea sick/glow stud, chrome/mirage

7/12 - 450'-525' 3-5 steelies with no kings so came inside to 90'-104' and went 3-4 on kings with two face/glow stud 75 down

7/13 -  65'-105' 7-11 kings 40'-75' down spoon - sea sick, 42nd, two face - spinnie sea sick/stud

7/14 - 75'-105'  9-14 kings and 7 kings, 1 brown, 1 steel - sea sick spoons, spinnies - chrome/mirage, two face/stud

7/15 - 70'-110' - 7-8 lings and a steel - 6-9 AM as leaving - sea sick spoons and two face/glow stud spinnie

handful of skippies each day that I didn't really track

Outside of the day with east wind 7/11 - consistent fishing for us was fishing the bait on inside waters.  Most Kings ran 12-19 lbs with sea sick, 42nd for spoons, and chrome/mirage, two face/stud, sea sick/glow stud being best spinnies. Fished a little meat for the first time and tooks 3 shots on large fish and dropped all three.  Wire divers and spinnies took almost all our larger Kings.  

Thanks to all for the previous sharing as that helped us find fish our first time fishing the Oak.  Usually fish east (Sodus to Oswego) a couple weeks a year so this was our first trip to Point Breeze.  Definitely a return trip in order.

Edited by relaxer
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info! Heading there this Thursday and fishing through the weekend. What wind direction provides the most stable water temps? They are forcasting south east winds later this week... hopefully this doesn't work against us... First time out of point breeze, new to salmon fishing and will need every advantage to make it a successful trip.

Edited by Fairhurst Fisher

Fairhurst - I'm no expert but the inside waters held bait all week as there was plenty of cold water.  If you get w/sw light breezes, then I would start on that inside water - 80+ and check down temps until rods start firing (flasher/fly, spoons, meat).  If you get a northeast blow that brings in some cold water, then I might target offshore in the top 50-60' with mostly spoon pattern.

I'm sure someone with more experience can chime in though.  Only spend a couple weeks a year on Lake O so learning from everyone else myself.

19 minutes ago, Fairhurst Fisher said:

Thanks for the info! Heading there this Thursday and fishing through the weekend. What wind direction provides the most stable water temps? They are forcasting south east winds later this week... hopefully this doesn't work against us... First time out of point breeze, new to salmon fishing and will need every advantage to make it a successful trip.

this time of year the most consistent fishing is the 28-32 n lines always kings and steel out there. and usually less boat traffic

On 7/16/2018 at 10:20 AM, chucknmel said:

this time of year the most consistent fishing is the 28-32 n lines always kings and steel out there. and usually less boat traffic

Leaving for point breeze tomorrow!! Any tips on where to start? Also... not being familiar with Lake O and how much and what direction the wind is and how much it relates to in wave heights, can anyone give me an idea of what we can expect if this weekends forecast is accurate...? I'm fishing from a 20' Starcraft and am hoping she dosn't get too sporty!! 

Had a good weekend fishing out of Point Breeze for the first time this past weekend.

Got a bonus lake trout while picking up lines I slowed down and left my LED core set up out and Wham heck of a nice fish!!

We fished primarily 180 to 250 ft of water.

Mostly a spoon bite, but did have several fish on a flasher and Fly. Thanks for all the help making this a successful trip.

IMG_20180721_092747989.jpg

IMG_20180721_060416084_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180720_203834234.jpg

IMG_20180720_102240908.jpg

Just now, Pa223 said:

way to

1 hour ago, Fairhurst Fisher said:

Had a good weekend fishing out of Point Breeze for the first time this past weekend.

Got a bonus lake trout while picking up lines I slowed down and left my LED core set up out and Wham heck of a nice fish!!

We fished primarily 180 to 250 ft of water.

Mostly a spoon bite, but did have several fish on a flasher and Fly. Thanks for all the help making this a successful trip.imageproxy.php?img=&key=7e961de8267f286a

IMG_20180721_092747989.jpg

IMG_20180721_060416084_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180720_203834234.jpg

IMG_20180720_102240908.jpg

way to go!!! sounds like a great trip.  what were temps like in that area?